PDA

View Full Version : Demerol is my new best friend

TheLegacy
10-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Last week Thursday I had intense pain that had me falling over and throwing up that SheDevil rushed me to emergency. I was pee'ing blood and the intense pain almost had me unconscious. Later I was told that I had kidney stones and that it was one of the two worst pains a man can go through that is close to what women feel when they give birth.

The whole weekend I was on pain killers until finally I passed several stones about half the size of a popcorn seed. I'm just started to get my shit together today in a haze of drug induced euphoria.

Rochard
10-15-2007, 12:00 PM
You mentioned this on ICQ the other day and I hope your feeling better. As we get older, well, these things happen.

My best friend has an extreme medical condition and he's lucky to be alive, and because of the one medical condiation he has a host of other medial issues. Pain killers are his friend. He left some pain killers here at the house, and I decided to sneak a few because of the pain my broken toe is still having. I took three in the course of an afternoon and suddenly... bam. It hit me like a rock; I passed out cold and was wasted for the next 24 hours.

It happens to the best of us.

Panky
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm sorry to hear you have to go through that. I know quite a few people who suffered from kidney stones and each one said it was severely painful. A few of them weren't the type to complain about every little ache and pain, so when they said it hurt, you can bet it was pretty intense pain they felt.

I love Demerol! When I was in my mid teens, I had a migraine headache and I was incredibly sick. In pain for hours on end, vomiting, it was just complete hell. Finally my dad took me into the doctor because I just simply wanted to die. It was the single most incredible pain I had ever felt.

The doctor did some random tests and determined I had a migraine. He told my dad that he was going to give me a shot of Demerol to kill the pain. At that point, the doctor could have injected the Demerol right into my eyeball and I wouldn't have cared. The pain was just that intense. The moment the Demerol hit my bloodstream, I didn't feel a single thing. The pain was gone. The relief was just awesome.

We got in the car a few minutes later and I was enjoying the high. However, within like the 15 minutes it took to get home, I had already started to nap in the car and by the time we walked through the door, I was ready to go to bed. I slept around a good 12 hours or so and when I woke the next morning, I was sick. I didn't have any pain, so a little upset stomach I could deal with. The day was a little rough, but I didn't have pain, so life was good. However, I do know why and how people become Demerol addicts. The high is just an incredible feeling.

Evil E
10-15-2007, 02:11 PM
At one point, I had a semi-broken rib and was prescribed codeine... because when you have that, it hurts when you laugh and you can't sleep because of the pain... A fully broken one must hurt even more...

Anyways, since I was young and had great ideas, I decided to take the quadruple dosage... I had a very weird sleep/dreams, woke up in sweats and then just threw up.

You need to respect the posology :)

Evil Chris
10-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm told that drinking a lot of water on a daily basis can prevent this sort of thing, as well as a lot of other things too.
Since I am many years away from TheLegacy's age, I guess I have time if I start now. ;)

J/K... hope you're feeling better.

TheLegacy
10-15-2007, 03:20 PM
LOL.. actually the funny thing is that I only drink water daily. That is what is stumping everyone. I do drink coffee, but don't smoke and eat healthy and excersize several times a week.

Funbrunette
10-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Damn! Sorry to hear that hun. Happy to hear you're feeling better. Yes Demerol is quite the drug...I was given injections of that potent drug after my C-section and it was fabulous...lol! :laughout:

Platinum Chris
10-16-2007, 10:03 AM
I do drink coffee,

My guess is that would be it. I remember reading or hearing on the news once that some people can be more susceptible to them than others.

Hope your feeling better!

Slippery
10-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm glad to see you feeling well enough to jump back on the computer!

She Devil
10-16-2007, 02:56 PM
It was pretty bad but I'm glad it's in the past. Comparing pain to women giving birth is never a good thing... I've already talked to you about that. lol.

It was painfully but moreso the duration of the hours and hours of the constant immense pain was enough to drive any sane and passive person to kill. I don't know the difference of Demerol vs Morphine but I do know that the Morphine they were pumping through my iv didn't even touch the damn pain. It's wasn't until the epidural that I got any peace.

But I guess I get more defensive (as most women would) because of all the other pains that come with birth.

Cyndalie
10-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Glad you are feeling better!

TheLegacy
10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
My guess is that would be it. I remember reading or hearing on the news once that some people can be more susceptible to them than others.

Hope your feeling better!

Thanks everyone. Yes I pretty much have sworn off coffee for the time being until I can get some answers. So far the doctors haven't replied but now its the soreness of the body. SheDevil has been wonderful in comforting me and making sure I am happy. I wish that on no one, sadly - no nurses that were content ready material

GinaCochina
10-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Ouch, glad the Demerol helped!

Mister E
10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Ah, age...that thing which stand between pain killers and the patient.

Such a shame to waste them on pain...

Mister E
10-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Pain killers make doctors lose their patience...um patients...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/17102007/3/canada-sex-doctor-drugs-woman-tells-court.html

Quagmire
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Good thing you weren't jerking off when you passed them, you could have shot somebody. :laughout:

Seriously though, hope you're feeling better.

Vid Vicious
10-17-2007, 12:14 PM
glad your better dude .. No matter if its "like" giving birth ... Fact is we weren't made to go thru that shit ... period .. our holes are for one direction only ... OUT

take it easy .. and get well