PDA

View Full Version : Gotta sell

painful
10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't been around in a while. I need to sell my site, I just don't have time to promote it, and I am afraid it is just going to be sitting for a while. If someone is new and just starting out in the biz, this is an easy way to have your own site. It is set up right now as a fetish site AND a mainstream site combined. I have 2 domains registered, one re-directs to the other. I have a bunch of content, but I am sure more would be even better. It is all set up with CCBill, but I think you just need to get it all set up in your own name. I will forward ALL content I have with 2257 docs over to the buyer, and also the FTP information and hosting which is through Adult Design/the Love Shop in Australia. They built the site for me, and do all the hosting. The site is easy to update using SiteDepth and FTP programs such as Smart FTP Client.

Hosting is paid up for a year and the site has full customer support for any problems that may occur.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Also, The Legacy has excellent content packages for the site, so he can hook you up for video content!

Thanks for everyones help,
Brett
www.painful-ecstasy.com

Casa Nova
10-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Contact me on icq Brett.. my icq is in my sig.

Evil Chris
10-17-2007, 03:01 PM
If it's not too late, send me a PM with details like daily traffic, # of current members, and asking price.

painful
10-19-2007, 10:33 PM
If it's not too late, send me a PM with details like daily traffic, # of current members, and asking price.

Well, that's why I'm selling the site. I don't really know HOW to get traffic nor do I have a lot of time to learn. I don't have a lot of money to be spending on content anymore (bills are getting kinda bad) and I am afraid all my hard work is going to go to waste. I have no subscribers, mostly because I have no traffic. Not sure how to get traffic. I was listed ONCE on the Hun, and that got me a bunch of traffic in one day, but then I overloaded the server with too much traffic that they weren't prepared for and it shut down my site for a day, so no sign-ups from that obviously. The problem was fixed by adjusting my own stupidity of building TGPs (thanks to some people on this board who told me the correct way to make them) and an upgrade of my DNS. I have about $3500 or so into it, as in design, content and such, and I was thinking of asking about $1k for the site. I have 2 domains registered as well, so the buyer will get both, one is just redirected to the other for now, but I'm sure you can do whatever you want with it.

Am I being too crazy? I have never done anything like this, and BOY was it a learning experience. This is definitely NOT a get rich quick business if you don't really know what you are doing.

painful
11-02-2007, 12:05 AM
this sucks. EVERY TIME I get listed on the Hun.

"I'm afraid I have bad news for you. We have been forced
to take your account offline for the day due to an extremely
high load on your account. At this time today our servers have
served more than 439357 requests for your account.

You have not used to too much transfer it is a load issue meaning
that your site has used too many CPU resources on the cluster. If
more customers on the cluster caused such high load it would make
other sites on the system run slower which would not be fair to the
webmaster of those sites.

As stated in our terms of service we are allowed to take
offline accounts which harm other customers. In your case we
have determined that it would badly affect other customers
if we kept your site online. Therefore we have temporarily
suspended your account. We will lift the suspension at
approximately 01.00 GMT.

If you have any questions please submit a support ticket via
the control panel and our support staff will be happy to
answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for your understanding."

Fluid
11-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Are you only trying TGP traffic, or have you looked at other sources?

Panky
11-02-2007, 04:21 PM
You need to change your host. By doing that, the host is trying to force you into upgrading your plan.

Yes, hosts need to monitor the resources on the server and act accordingly, but to take someone offline, is not how you go about dealing with the problem.

If they didn't oversell the server, the host wouldn't have to worry about the CPU usage.

this sucks. EVERY TIME I get listed on the Hun.

"I'm afraid I have bad news for you. We have been forced
to take your account offline for the day due to an extremely
high load on your account. At this time today our servers have
served more than 439357 requests for your account.

You have not used to too much transfer it is a load issue meaning
that your site has used too many CPU resources on the cluster. If
more customers on the cluster caused such high load it would make
other sites on the system run slower which would not be fair to the
webmaster of those sites.

As stated in our terms of service we are allowed to take
offline accounts which harm other customers. In your case we
have determined that it would badly affect other customers
if we kept your site online. Therefore we have temporarily
suspended your account. We will lift the suspension at
approximately 01.00 GMT.

If you have any questions please submit a support ticket via
the control panel and our support staff will be happy to
answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for your understanding."

painful
11-02-2007, 11:13 PM
You need to change your host. By doing that, the host is trying to force you into upgrading your plan.

Yes, hosts need to monitor the resources on the server and act accordingly, but to take someone offline, is not how you go about dealing with the problem.

If they didn't oversell the server, the host wouldn't have to worry about the CPU usage.

Very true, but I paid for the year. I had him put my TGP posting on a seperate server that has 200 G of room for me, to see if that helps.

I also think there are bots getting on theTGP and just wasting my bandwidth. The page requests don't match the amount of visitors. We kinda locked it out for the time being I guess.

I have actually asked to switch to a dedicated server and they talked me out of it.

painful
11-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Are you only trying TGP traffic, or have you looked at other sources?

I don't know much about advertising, I figured TGP's were the way to go. I am listed on a bunch of search engines as well, but what the hell do I know.

RageCash-Ben
11-04-2007, 02:22 AM
You got to treat this like a business. If you don't know something then go find it out. Google is your friend and so are webmaster forums like this one which are full of helpful people. It is no use having a host paid up for a year if you are going to get your site pulled offline if you get any decent traffic.

Goodluck with your sale. If you are intent on selling then post all the info you have on the site in the appropriate forum on all the webmaster boards you can find.

painful
11-04-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm on Google, that is already done.