PDA

View Full Version : Moving!

Casa Nova
10-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Let me tell you something about it... I hate it lol We got the keys to the new house today, so we are going to move in a few things & do some painting today. The main move is next saturday.. but wow, you really don't realize how many things you have until you have to pack them all. lol

Anyways that's my whining thread for the day lol

Oh & I have a whole bunch of Elvis Presley Memorabilia that I'm not sure If I'm gonna keep, let me know if you're interested in it if I decide I don't want it anymore.

Evil Chris
10-17-2007, 02:24 PM
I agree moving sucks. Thankfully I haven't had to move for almost 10 years now.

What kind of Elvis stuff do you have? I might be interested in it.

Quagmire
10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Eeeeeeeelvis. Make a list. I'm close by and can pick it up. ;)

Slippery
10-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I hate moving too! Good luck with it though.

Casa Nova
10-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Once I get everything moved in and have the Elvis stuff out of the box its all in, I'll make a list and take some pics. I got a few framed posters, Collectible Dolls, hand painted miniature guitar, the gold & platinum tin card set, popcorn tins, chocolate tins etc. Just a shit load of stuff lol I'll take pictures once i get a chance.

Rochard
10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Moving sucks. Whatever.

I worked for a moving company for two years - Mayflower. I was in charge of local moves. I would show up on Day one and pack everything. Depending on how much stuff there was, it was either a one day or two day move. Then I would unpack everything. One day to pack and one day to unpack. Granted, things aren't going to be where you want them to be, but you take care of that later on when your a bit more settled in.

I don't understand why people make such a fuss about moving. When we moved back to CA last year.... we were pretty much unpacked in 24 hours.

Slackers.

Evil E
10-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I pretty much moved every year for the last 5 years(and it's not because i owe money :). It would be fun to settle at some point.

Funbrunette
10-19-2007, 06:22 AM
Moving is a drag, but just think how happy you'll be once it's all done.

So when is the house warming party? :glugglug:

spideriux
10-19-2007, 07:11 AM
damn I hate too... good luck

Mister E
10-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Let me tell you something about it... I hate it lol We got the keys to the new house today, so we are going to move in a few things & do some painting today. The main move is next saturday.. but wow, you really don't realize how many things you have until you have to pack them all. lol

Anyways that's my whining thread for the day lol

Oh & I have a whole bunch of Elvis Presley Memorabilia that I'm not sure If I'm gonna keep, let me know if you're interested in it if I decide I don't want it anymore.

Did you say Elvis? As a founding father of The Church of the Fallen Elvis
let me act as curator for your Memorabilia.

The Kings Prayer

:skull:

Our Father who fell from Graceland
The King be thy name
Your Kingdom came
Your name remains
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Blessed is our Teenage Head
And deliver us our dose of downers
As we deliver to out of towner's
For Thine is the Kingdom
The power of His story
Forever and ever
Elvis

:skull:

Casa Nova
10-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Moving is a drag, but just think how happy you'll be once it's all done.

So when is the house warming party? :glugglug:

lol True story.

We haven't even planned a house warming party yet, I doubt we'll have one now. We'll have to hold a proper one come spring/summer when the pool gets reopened.:laughout:

ScreaM
10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Moving sucks, I agree.

I remember when we had to move - I hated it!