PDA

View Full Version : I need a vacation

niterider
10-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Well, I survived the first official storm of the season here on the "wet" coast.
Lots of wind and rain.. Soon to get cold and snow??? SOOO looking for some suggestions for a great holiday getaway... :scram:

Funbrunette
10-19-2007, 08:23 PM
You want to go somewhere Tropical? Have you ever been to Europe? Tell us where you've been and what you like.

Ps. I'll gladly go with you I'm in need of a vacation too! :sunshine:

rhetorical
10-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, I survived the first official storm of the season here on the "wet" coast.
Lots of wind and rain.. Soon to get cold and snow??? SOOO looking for some suggestions for a great holiday getaway... :scram:

That storm sucked the big one. I was up in the mountains and got pissed on.

Rochard
10-20-2007, 02:58 AM
I don't understand vacations. The concept of going someplace to do "nothing" doesn't work for me.

My last real vacation was a visit to Montana in 1999. I remember at one point we took a three hour boat ride on a big lake. I found it boring. in fact, the entire trip was rather dull.... There isn't anything in Montana I found interesting or worth seeing.

As for the nature stuff, well, I can watch a TV show or look at a few pictures on the internet and be just as amused. I've been to the Grand Canyon and after the first five minutes.... it's just a Canyon. I've also been to Bryce Canyon, and it's very beautiful... but after the first five minutes..... I got bored.

I do have a list of places I want to visit, including Hawaii, England, and Germany. No surprise that these all fit in with one of my main hobbies, which is World War II.

Otherwise, anytime I go anywhere, I just want to party with "industry friends". Going to shows helps.

ScreaM
10-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Go to Europe.

Terrence
10-20-2007, 08:38 PM
I just got back from Vietnam, what a beautiful and relaxing trip.

Terrence

niterider
10-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Vietnam?? Tell us more

ScreaM
10-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Vietnam?? Tell us more
He just started a new thread.

http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=19713

spideriux
10-23-2007, 11:01 AM
I'll choose Greece !