PDA

View Full Version : So I subscribed to the gym today

Evil E
10-23-2007, 12:12 AM
I wanted to enroll in a boxing class but it was full... My second option was the Gym. Just hope that I will enjoy it and that there's some hot ladies working out there. :gorgeous:

Stephane76
10-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Good luck to you!
I did that once, and went like 4-5 times never went back, there s something i hate about gyms ... it s boring! I'd rather be playing Soccer or Volleyball, get into a Coed league, there will be plenty of girls, and you get to go get a beer with the team after the games! eheheh ... just my 2 cents

Buddha
10-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Your gym should offer boxing classes, no?

Funbrunette
10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
I haven't been to a gym in a while (I have my treadmill downstairs) but I always made a point to have my Ipod with me so no one would talk to me...lol My goal was to walk in workout and try to get out before some guy would try a cheesy line on me...lol Sorry Knew, but I think most women don't like guys to approach them at the gym UNLESS they're all "done up" with perfume and makeup, then you know she's there to "socialize" That's my 2 cents.

Evil E
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
LOL @ girls at the gym with make up and perfume. That is ridiculous. Completely pointless. Anyways, I usually just check out the girls when I work out, it's entertaining... I might talk to them at some point but I won't go after them with cheesy lines so don't worry about me :).

And Buddah, this gym does not offer boxing classes. And i'd rather go to a real boxing gym if you know what I mean.

Evil Chris
10-23-2007, 03:43 PM
arg... thanks for the reminder that I promised myself I'd start getting back into shape in October.
It's almost November!

TheLegacy
10-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Do yourself a favor and getting into a Karate class instead. There is a great work out and physical training. Been doing it now for a couple of months and has made the world of difference more than any gym has in the past

ScreaM
10-25-2007, 05:18 AM
Good move. We webmasters definitely need to be fit. :)

Buddha
10-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I've practiced martial arts since 1985. Karate is a great way to get into shape and it's a lot less boring than lifting weights. I prefer the interactice 1-on-one and 1-on-unbeatableOdds(8+ opponents).

I suppose the question "why" would be present. Usually anyone who begins martial arts will rapidly lose 15 pounds within 3 weeks but that's actually the norm any time an exercise regimen begins. To lose weight, keep it off gym-level cardio is necessary 3-4 times per week and for muscular definition lifting weights 3+ days per week.

I am 41, 5'7" tall, and just a few months ago I weighed 225#, now I weigh 186#... exercising through martial arts practice alone wasn't enough to keep unnecessary body fat off of my body. I had to change and implement formal gym training. My body type is also "endomorph" (i.e. stocky bear). "Mesomorphs" (naturally proportional V-cut frame) and "ectomorphs" (skinny, can never gain weight no matter what's consumed) need not go to the extreme I have had to go.

Sheri Santiago
10-26-2007, 11:52 AM
There was a pretty nice gym I used to go to but too many old guys would hit on me. I have a full gym in my house now and amazingly, no old guys, haha.

Evil Chris
10-26-2007, 12:01 PM
There was a pretty nice gym I used to go to but too many old guys would hit on me. I have a full gym in my house now and amazingly, no old guys, haha.There's one that's getting there... :laughout:

Define old! :confused:

TheLegacy
10-26-2007, 04:32 PM
I've practiced martial arts since 1985. Karate is a great way to get into shape and it's a lot less boring than lifting weights. I prefer the interactice 1-on-one and 1-on-unbeatableOdds(8+ opponents).

I suppose the question "why" would be present. Usually anyone who begins martial arts will rapidly lose 15 pounds within 3 weeks but that's actually the norm any time an exercise regimen begins. To lose weight, keep it off gym-level cardio is necessary 3-4 times per week and for muscular definition lifting weights 3+ days per week.

I am 41, 5'7" tall, and just a few months ago I weighed 225#, now I weigh 186#... exercising through martial arts practice alone wasn't enough to keep unnecessary body fat off of my body. I had to change and implement formal gym training. My body type is also "endomorph" (i.e. stocky bear). "Mesomorphs" (naturally proportional V-cut frame) and "ectomorphs" (skinny, can never gain weight no matter what's consumed) need not go to the extreme I have had to go.

You know.. I am 46, been doing it for 2 months now (2 to 3 times a week) and havent really lost much weight. Sweeting like hell all the way, weird. I do have diabetes, but still stay at 200 pounds

Kenny B
10-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Don't waste your money, I subscribed to a gym 3 years ago, i have been paying each and every month and I haven't seen any difference in my body other then I'm getting fatter. Maybe I'm paying to the wrong gym but I swear the membership hasn't done jack for me, I think I should call and complain.

Mister E
10-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Don't waste your money, I subscribed to a gym 3 years ago, i have been paying each and every month and I haven't seen any difference in my body other then I'm getting fatter. Maybe I'm paying to the wrong gym but I swear the membership hasn't done jack for me, I think I should call and complain.

Kenny....you have to actually pay your dues AND GO TO THE GYM...

<Or so I hear:bless:>

ScreaM
10-27-2007, 03:40 PM

Yup, you are correct. :)

Greg B
10-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Good for you! I'm weightlifting crazy. Should hit 500lbs on the bench press by this January. Nothing like pumping iron.

Boxing classes are a great way to burn calories and stay fit. No one trains harder than a boxer. Totally brutal workouts.

Eat right, exercise, get rest = Lookin' good!

OSWorker
04-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I haven't been to a gym in a while (I have my treadmill downstairs) but I always made a point to have my Ipod with me so no one would talk to me...lol My goal was to walk in workout...

yea, for workout music, you basically need hard-hitting euro-dance music.... nothing else does the job really. Search around on itunes for "euro club hits" or check this link:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol +
<o:p> </o:p>