PDA

View Full Version : Hello

jjacksonesq
11-07-2007, 10:08 AM
I am new to this board and wanted to say hello and say a little about my self and my practice. I am an attorney I have helped several folks in adult entertainment with various business and personal issues. I would like to expand my practice in adult entertainment and if you would consider me when you need legal help I would be honored to speak with you.

Evil Chris
11-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Welcome John...

TheLegacy
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Welcome - and it's good to have another legal mind giving support. Can you tell us what experience you have had in the adult industry and what brought you here to Xnations?

Rochard
11-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey you.

Slippery
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome to XNations!

jjacksonesq
11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Richard thanks for the soft ball question. In the sense of full disclosure, I asked Richard for some advice on who to network with and how to network in the adult industry. He gave me some great advice on how to proceed, like posting on sites like this.

As for my legal back ground, I went to law school at George Mason in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.xnations.com/ /><st1:City w:st=Fairfax</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">VA. </st1:State></ST1:pIn law school I interned with a public defenders office and was a legal assistant to a private attorney. Then out of law school I worked on for a Congressman from <ST1:paround Pittsburgh, PA. </ST1:pI helped him with general constitutional law issues including the First Amendment and general criminal law. After that I worked for commercial debt collection agency for about 7 years and then 4 years ago I opened my own practice. Since that time I have worked for several clients in adult entertainment helping them with writing contracts, copyright and employment law matters. One day I hope to be able to help out on First Amendment and criminal law matters but right now I am comfortable working on business, contract, employment law, copyright and other non-criminal trial law matters. Also, since I am going it solo, and if you happen to be in <st1:State w:st="on">Pennsylvania</st1:State>, <st1:State w:st="on">Virginia</st1:State>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Georgia</st1:country-region> or <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pSouth Carolina</ST1:p</st1:State> and have any other non-adult entertainment law concern like a will or something, I will gladly help you out.