PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about NYE @ Time Square

Evil E
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Good chance I go there this year... seems like a fun happening(unless there's some terrorists assholes blowing something up).

http://z.about.com/d/gonyc/1/8/J/V/times_square_nye.jpg

Please tell me more!

Evil Chris
11-09-2007, 09:42 AM
I haven't been there in years, but I'd like to go back for a visit sometime.
Times Square is mostly cleaned up now, whereas before it had a lot of strip clubs and such.

If you're going to NYC, I'd recommend seeing a Broadway (or off-Broadway) show. It will be worth it even if it's not really your thing.

Panky
11-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I love NYC! I used to go at least once a year for about 15 years. As Chris mentioned, a Broadway show is worth seeing at least once. I never was there for New Years Eve. Just way too many people in one spot for my liking.

There are tons of things to do in Manhattan. There's all the standard tourist things like The Empire State Building, museums, and Ellis Island, but depending on how much time you have and what your interests are, FAO Schwartz is a cool store, Greenwich Village and China Town are interesting places to visit. Times Square is nice too. Central Park is nice to take a break and to people watch. Read the newspapers, brochures, and misc magazines at the hotels, deli's, and at the newsstands and you'll find some interesting bars and clubs to visit.

I hope you have an awesome time on your trip!

Vid Vicious
11-10-2007, 12:17 PM
NYE @ time square .. is overly crowd, plan on gettting your wallet lifted during the count down, and losing sight of whom ever you went there with ... It's a crazy place to go on NYE, too many people, way too big of a crowd .. Plan for it .. give yourself and the peeps yur with a "home base" where you all meet 30 min after the ball drop, Don't put your wallet in your jacket pocket, nor your back pocket, front pocket only or down your pants .. you'll thank me in the end