PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hour

jjacksonesq
11-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Hello,

Would anyone in the Southeastern US </ST1:pbe interested in gathering for a happy hour? Say in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.xnations.com/ /><st1:City w:st=Richmond</st1:City>, <st1:City u6:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:City></st1:City> or <st1:City u6:st="on"><ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on">Orlando</ST1:p</st1:City></st1:City>? I think it would be a great networking opportunity. This is something that local chambers of commerce do it all the time to help promote business between the member businesses. <O:p

Funbrunette
11-09-2007, 12:59 PM
If you can fly to Montreal I'll gladly join you for happy hour! :)

jjacksonesq
11-09-2007, 02:08 PM
See, that’s the problem. If I could fly I would go anywhere. I am on very tight budget right now. I could justify the expense of driving somewhere but flying is out. Thanks for the support though.

GinaCochina
11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Too bad I'm on the West Coast. I always encourage mixing drinking with business.

Slippery
11-09-2007, 03:38 PM
What a great idea John!

jjacksonesq
11-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks. I go to a couple of things like this on a weekly or monthly schedule. I do not know how much business anyone gets out of it but it is fun just to sit down and have a few drinks with people.

One group I go to is called Drinking Liberally. It is for people of a more liberal political view. There are chapters all over the place. I got a name already for this group "Por'n Pints."

What a great idea John!

Panky
11-09-2007, 07:39 PM
I'll be in the States for a week or so for the American Thanksgiving. The farthest south I'll be is Virginia though. If I had more time and was heading further south, meeting for drinks sounds like a good idea.

jjacksonesq
11-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Panky I am very tempted to say yes. My Bible Thumping in-laws will be in town for Thanksgiving. Where in VA? I lived in Northern VA (near DC) for many years.

Terrence
11-11-2007, 11:22 AM
I agree John that we should try to get together more often. By the way welcome to Xnations.

Terrence

jjacksonesq
11-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Terrance, thanks. It is great to be here.

Funbrunette
11-11-2007, 12:28 PM
That's true...WELCOME John. Glad you're here! You can be our own Xnations legal council! *wink*

jjacksonesq
11-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Stephanie, Thank you. I'll do my best to uphold the high standars of Xnations.

Panky
11-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Panky I am very tempted to say yes. My Bible Thumping in-laws will be in town for Thanksgiving. Where in VA? I lived in Northern VA (near DC) for many years.

I soooo pity you. Some of my relatives are very religious, but they tend to keep things to a minimum when the entire family gathers for the holiday. It's not uncommon to have at least 25 people attending the meal, not counting infants and toddlers, and then a few more relatives coming by after the meal. When half are religious and Republican and half aren't religious and Democrat, it makes for some good dinner conversation. lol!

We'll be down somewhere around Fredericksburg. All that I know is that I'm driving and 95 sucks. Other than that, I'm not sure what is going on once we get there. I just tend to go with the flow. lol!

jjacksonesq
11-11-2007, 11:07 PM
If you make it there in time have your family take you to Carl's. It is an old fashioned soft serve ice cream place. It is rather famous.

Cyndalie
11-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Did someone say ice cream? :)

jjacksonesq
11-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah, take a ride down 95 to Fredericksburg, VA. It is right on route 17 going into Fredericksburg. It is a dumpy little place only open from Valintine's Day until Thanksgiving so get there soon.

Cyndalie- Have you ever been to Penn State's Ice Cream deal? I went to Pitt so I refuse to go myself but I hear it is a good tour.

Panky
11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
By the time I'm done driving on 95, I'll need something a lot stronger than ice cream. lol!

jjacksonesq
11-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah, that part of 95 is hell. It is not so bad past Richmond. Good luck and have a drink for me.