PDA

View Full Version : So is Lolita making a comeback?

Evil Chris
11-13-2007, 10:44 AM
I was looking around this morning, verifying some links and trades and got to checking out some link trails and noticed LOLITA pop up here and there. I see it in descriptive titles and also in domains listed and actively trading traffic with some very well known TGPs.

I know that the credit card processors do a lot of policing for terms like pre-teen, underage, etc where domains and text descriptions are concerned so I'm wondering if lolita is creeping back as an acceptable word once again?

Cyndalie
11-13-2007, 11:45 AM
People are starting to name their kids that more and more.

I'm guess the context is migrating from "underage" to "young woman"..????
not sure.

Evil Chris
11-13-2007, 11:56 AM
I have never had a problem with the word Lolita. If Nabakov had named the girl in his book "Jennifer", it would be a different outcome wouldn't it?

jjacksonesq
11-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey see my post on the court reviewing Williams v. U.S. The case involving Prosecutorial Remedies and Other Tools to End the Exploitation of Children Today Act of 2003 - known as the PROTECT Act (18 U.S.C. Sect. 2252 (http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/2252.html)(a)(3)(B)). This law is overbroad and everyone is trying to ride the wave of marketing young looking women.