PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one NOT going crazy on Youtube, Myspace, etc?

Visualad
11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Seems everyone loves these sites.. And spend alot of time on them..

I never been a big fan of Youtube. It took me a long time to even bother visit it the first time and I rarely go on it after that. I have friends that love it..

Same with myspace.. I think its superb that anyone can post their stuff their stories and whatever, and even cooler that artists can showcase their music, etc..

But Im not into that "online circus" kinda thing... I prefer to spend my time in "real life".

Same with FaceBook, etc..

Anyone else simply NOT THAT interested in these sites?

Just wondering if I am the only one not being overly excited about using those...

Evil Chris
11-27-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm with you. I deleted my myspace account completely. What dawned on me was why the hell did I create that profile in the first place? I have been avoiding Facebook too. I just think that it's putting your name out there way too much. If people really want/need to find me, well my name is in the book.

TheLegacy
11-27-2007, 10:28 PM
I stopped caring about myspace a long time ago - don't look at youtube unless I need something comical - but generally once a week. I do however check facebook often since I have alot of friends and family that correspond through it. Seems easy to use and has some nice features along with the privacy and less spam that you get on myspace.

So Im 1/3 hooked

Stephane76
11-28-2007, 10:24 AM
mmm not really, i am using faceook more and more.
I found 7 old high school friends so far because of it.
MySpace is getting annoying with the amount of spam and useless Bulletins

GinaCochina
11-28-2007, 12:45 PM
I am on MySpace every day, but mainly to spy on my children. Which they love.

A lot of people from my teenage years have found me through MySpace, and so far only one of them has turned out to be crazy in adulthood. That alone to me has been worth at least having the account, even if I don't really like MySpace. I moved around a lot and lost touch with almost everyone eventually, and it's nice to reconnect with my old friends. Classmates.com has never been an option for any of us, as we were bad kids and none of us ever graduated high school.:cackle:

ScreaM
11-28-2007, 02:01 PM
I've deleted everything except MySpace because it is good for networking.

Virgule3
11-28-2007, 02:11 PM
I like Facebook because I have found friends that I hadn't heard of or from in years which is great.

I don't have a Myspace page or any other pages anywhere.

I like to spend time on Youtube instead of watching crap on TV sometimes. There are some awesome videos on there. I like to look for greyhound videos, as well as cute and brilliant animations. I also like to watch commercials that we don't have here or that I missed because I don't watch much TV in general...

That's it.

Sophie.

MediaGuy
11-28-2007, 02:44 PM
I either don't know how to use these things for business yet, or have no life because I find them just useless for now - i think I have an account on all of them, but never go on...

Plus, yes spam geeze

Panky
11-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Those sites don't interest me at all. I'll watch a YouTube video if someone posts it or sends me a link, but other than that, I don't bother with the site.

As for MySpace, Facebook, and the likes, I just don't have any interest in them. I don't 'get' the appeal to them.

MediaGuy
11-28-2007, 05:11 PM
The video links I ask about first lol - especially when they have names like 2 girls one finger, german nun runs priest, etc... no, no, no.

RageCash-Ben
11-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I am on them but not to make friends :)

Cyndalie
11-29-2007, 03:38 PM
I have accounts but I never check them or anything. I could care less.

MediaGuy
11-29-2007, 05:16 PM
I have accounts but I never check them or anything. I could care less.

Me too... but I suspect there's something that could be done with them and would have to just use my head (and some spare time!) to look into it.

I have a feeling that dismissing them out of hand would be short-sighted...

Panky
11-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I have a feeling that dismissing them out of hand would be short-sighted...

Probably. However, I still haven't bothered with them. I know some people swear by them as a great marketing and/or branding tool, and maybe so, but I just can't get into them at all, especially MySpace and Facebook. Youtube, I can see how it would work and well, especially if one has an odd hidden talent, lol!.

jjacksonesq
11-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I run hot and cold with Youtube. When some sends me somethig funny I'll search for more for a while but then I'll get board with. I had a Myspace account but my wife got upset because a stripper was one of my "friends." I have never been on face book.