PDA

View Full Version : Lasik surgery

Evil Chris
11-28-2007, 02:42 PM
It's been several years that FB and I have been considering lasik. I'm particularly miopic (-5.25 in both eyes), but wearing contacts doesn't really bother me much.

Anyone here had it done? Or do you know anyone who has had the procedure? I occasionally hear rave reviews on it, but have never really heard any long term effects about it. The way I see it (haha), we'll all need some kind of vision correction as we get older, so I figure that even if I get the surgery, I'll still need glasses one day. Then again, I am so miopic right now that I think I really should get it done. I'm not sure... :confused:

Panky
11-28-2007, 04:36 PM
I've thought about it, but didn't rush into getting it done. I'm just apprehensive because it is my eyes. People swear by it and I'm sure techniques and technology improved from a few years ago, but I'm still weary. My vision isn't that bad and I like my contacts, so if my eyes remain healthy and I can still wear contacts, for now, I'll just wait.

SFS
11-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I have a couple of friends and my sister also had it done successfully. They are raving about being able to see without their glasses.

I suppose it depends on the facility, surgeon and your health.
The proceedure seems to be pretty mainstream now so just research the best place to go and get it done.

Slippery
11-29-2007, 11:13 AM
I know a couple of people who have had it done, and they say it's the best thing they have ever done.

ScreaM
11-30-2007, 04:07 PM
I know a couple of people who have had it done, and they say it's the best thing they have ever done.
Yeah, same here. I've heard many happy stories.

Magnus3x
11-30-2007, 04:56 PM
DH had it done 2 years ago and aside from slightly dimished night vision, his eye sight is perfect.

I have a slight prescription in one eye so It's not worth it for me at this point to have it done.

Jimmidean
11-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Lasik is not the best and you are always in danger as the outside of the eye that they cut in to a flap never heals.
My wife had he PRK wavefont much more expensive but worth it.
Chris you might want to talk to her about it at the Penthouse party she can fill you in first hand as she did lot of research before the operation.

Funbrunette
12-01-2007, 06:26 AM
I'd rather wear my glasses or my contacts the thought of losing my sight forever because of a little mishap scares the crap out of me. Maybe I'd consider it in about 10 years...

Evil Chris
12-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Lasik is not the best and you are always in danger as the outside of the eye that they cut in to a flap never heals.
My wife had he PRK wavefont much more expensive but worth it.
Chris you might want to talk to her about it at the Penthouse party she can fill you in first hand as she did lot of research before the operation.Thanks Jimmidean, I will corner her and chat with her about it.

ScreaM
12-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I'd rather wear my glasses or my contacts the thought of losing my sight forever because of a little mishap scares the crap out of me. Maybe I'd consider it in about 10 years...
Them computers don't make mistakes. :)

Relentless
12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Scares the hell out of me. No matter how safe it sounds statistically, if you are that 1 guy out of 2 million who goes blind you are sill 100% fucked.

rhetorical
12-03-2007, 08:06 PM
I have had it and it works great. Choose your doctor well. This guy is a great surgeon and has a high end clinic, but it is in Toronto:
herzig eye institute

Jimmidean
12-03-2007, 10:07 PM
It would be a good idea Chris she researched the hell out of it and is know a laser eye surgery expert.
Cheers

jscott
12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
i'm been wanting to get it done aswell

so far i've mostly heard people say "it's the best thing i've ever done!"

so it's hard to not get it, i will probably get it done within the 08 year

Cyndalie
12-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Short term I've heard great things.
Long term, not so sure.

Rania
12-06-2007, 01:54 PM
If I could afford it right now I would probably do it. Maybe after Christmas.