PDA

View Full Version : How Passionite a fan are you?

TheEnforcer
11-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Your favorite team is playing againt someone from your hometown that is a friend or even a family member. Do you cheer your favorite team on or the hometown boy/friend/family member?

Personally, even if it was my own kid, I still cheer for my Packers. I would wish they did good and won every other game but not againt my Packers!! heck I'd even wish they played good against my Packers but in a losing effort. LOL

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=691291

Split along the 50-yard line
Burlington's Romo rooters, Packer backers feel their loyalties tugged by tonight's game
By JENNIE TUNKIEICZ
jtunkieicz@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Nov. 28, 2007
City of Burlington - Until this week, it was the best of times for area residents.

They could cheer on their beloved Green Bay Packers and - at the same time - still cheer on Burlington's own Tony Romo, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.

Tonight's game is the worst of times. Burlington finds itself a city divided.

One needs to look no farther than the Burlington High School athletics and activities department.

Romo, a Burlington High School graduate, returns to his hometown regularly and holds football camps for his alma mater. Phones at the department's office ring constantly with people inquiring about how to purchase a replica of his No. 16 high school jersey. Romo wears a Burlington High shirt under his Cowboys jersey.

Yet the walls around the desk of Eric Burling, the school's athletic and activities director, are filled with Green Bay Packers memorabilia. A photo of a contemplative Brett Favre, a framed copy of Vince Lombardi's "What It Takes To Be # 1" speech, and the like. The office also sports photos of Romo, but he's outnumbered.

Cyndalie
11-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I cheer for my team and enjoy rubbing it in my friends and families faces when they win :)

Evil Chris
11-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know what it's like to be a Leaf fan?

Let me tell you, it's very hard. It's a little like being a Yankees fan, except the Leafs haven't won a championship since 1967. There are a lot of haters out there. Toronto has yet another tough season going on right now, with fingers pointing left and right, up and down (the blame game). Nobody knows what's going to happen in a given year, and we're all just hoping to make the playoffs this year.

Go Leafs Go. *sigh* :)

TheEnforcer
11-29-2007, 06:07 PM

Let me tell you, it's very hard. It's a little like being a Yankees fan, except the Leafs haven't won a championship since 1967. There are a lot of haters out there. Toronto has yet another tough season going on right now, with fingers pointing left and right, up and down (the blame game). Nobody knows what's going to happen in a given year, and we're all just hoping to make the playoffs this year.

1967?? You call that suffering?? PUH-LEASE!!! Get back to me when you're a die hard Chicago Cubs fan!! Then talk to me about suffering.

jjacksonesq
11-29-2007, 09:07 PM
I am from Southwestren PA near Pittsburgh so I am a hugh Steelers fan. But us Pittsburghers are really clanish and love to cheer for other Pittsburghers like Joe Montana and Dan Marino. Whenever the Steelers played their teams I always felt strongly conflicted. Generally, I cheered for the Steelers in the end.

Panky
11-30-2007, 12:21 PM

See... that's the sign of a true fan. You've stuck by them no matter what. Some "fans" only like a team when the team is playing well.

ScreaM
11-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Of course I'd cheer for my team!