PDA

View Full Version : Directnic users

Evil Chris
12-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm just wondering how Directnic can compete in the current registrar marketplace. They still charge $15 per dot com. Same for renewals.

I think I have about 6 domains left over there. I just can't justify the cost when their competition is so much lower in price. It occurs to me that maybe they just aren't concerned about the exodus of people from their service?

Peedy
12-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Its a good question. I used to use them a few years ago and always loved their service but with other registrars being half as much and just as good how can you justify their prices? They are located in New Orleans and when Katrina hit they had a blog going of how they were keeping things alive, which was an amazing story to follow. I don't know how much longer they can survive being double what Godaddy and others are.

Evil Chris
12-04-2007, 09:07 AM
I followed their Katrina story, and it was interesting. I actually know a few people involved with Directnic, and have been introduced to a couple others. That's why a lot of us in the adult market got involved with them.

But I know most people are moving domains at renewal time now. I have been for the past year. My Directnic account is almost empty.

Stephane76
12-04-2007, 12:27 PM
I still use them for a couple of domains, i used to like their interface and customer service, sucks that they charge 15bucks for a .com :(

Peedy
12-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I saved a lot of money by moving to godaddy. I dunno about now but back when I switched Godaddy's interface was a lot better. My experience is that godaddy customer service is better.

jscott
12-05-2007, 09:48 PM
they dont even allow you to make domain names privately registered :(

Peedy
12-05-2007, 11:17 PM
they dont even allow you to make domain names privately registered :(

How can they not have this in today's world....geesh. Glad I am elsewhere.

Zebra
12-06-2007, 12:06 AM
I've had all my domains with them since 2000, but I'm starting to move mine when they expire. They need to at least drop to $10 if they want to keep people.

jscott
12-06-2007, 04:01 AM
BUT, the whole reason i went with directnic in the 1st place was the fact that Godaddy/Mojohost/1and1/etc etc ALL didnt let me buy domains from Asia, they block the sale of ip's from lots of Asian countries

ONLY Directnic allowed me to instantly buy the domains i wanted, so i do give them props for that, although that is a much more rare situation

Evil Chris
12-06-2007, 08:39 AM
I saved a lot of money by moving to godaddy. I dunno about now but back when I switched Godaddy's interface was a lot better. My experience is that godaddy customer service is better.This is what I used to hear about directnic. "oh they have great customer service".... Huh? It's a registrar. It only needs to work.