PDA

View Full Version : My love life... Again!!! And man am I dumb!!!

Virgule3
12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Dear Xnationers,

Ok, here is the thing... I'm still single and I still hate it, now more than ever because it's the holidays!

I have had this "crush" on one of my students (don't panic! I work for a language school and the student in question is 37! héhé) since the beginning of the session... And I don't know if it is me, but I think it might be reciprocal...

Now, today was the last course of "the year" the next one being on January 7th 2008... He waited until everyone was gone to talk to me about a book I lent him and I spoke to him about a book I borrowed from him (we both love reading)... And for the past couple weeks, I have felt like he was not looking at me the same way...

I am so dumb... I don't know what to do... I had a million scenarios in my head but I am too dumb and shy to let him know how I feel or to ask him out or anything...

We both love to ski, we like movies, reading, etc... I was thinking I should call his work during the evening, leave a message on his voice mail and ask him to call me back or email me or something...

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I never thought I would feel this way at 39!!! I feel like a teenager!

What should I do? Any cool suggestions??? lol

Signed:

"Desperately seeking advice on love and dating..."

ScreaM
12-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Go out with him for a movie then coffee. :)

Virgule3
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Go out with him for a movie then coffee. :)

Yeah, I would LOVE to... but... How do I ask???

He's kind of shy and me, well, I'm not shy in certain situations but in situations like this one, I am so...

What do I say to him?

Sophie.

Visualad
12-10-2007, 06:07 PM
just pick up the phone and call him.... If you are shy or scared of doing that - just fight it and make the call.

TheLegacy
12-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Hello {insert his name} this is {insert your name here} - I was just recently at the book store and saw this book {insert title} and thought on how much you would enjoy reading it since I remember from class you had a leaning towards this {insert author - book genre or style}. If your interested perhaps we could hook up for a coffee so I can let you borrow it if you wish. Please give me a call and tell me when is the best time if your interested. {insert your number here}

Hope your having a great day and talk to you soon.

Later on - how would you {insert name} like to crawl under the book covers with me and wrestle the paper sheets with our bodies.

Evil Chris
12-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Ask him why he hasn't noticed the signs you're putting out there for him! ;)

RageCash-Ben
12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
carol.prime is that you?

Virgule3
12-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, I did what The Legacy suggested which was what I wanted to do but I invited him to go skiing with me since we both love skiing and I always go alone since my friends don't or can't really ski and he's really good so... We'll see!

Here is what I said: "Hi Jeff, it's Sophie. After the class today, when you came to talk to me, I regretted not asking you if you wanted to go skiing with me sometime. I would really like that. Call me, (and then my number and my email)...

I'll keep you posted!

Rochard
12-11-2007, 03:11 AM
carol.prime is that you?

That's what I was gonna say....

Evil E
12-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Heheh that is great Virgule, you won't have regrets afterwards :)

Best of luck!

Funbrunette
12-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Hello {insert his name} this is {insert your name here} - I was just recently at the book store and saw this book {insert title} and thought on how much you would enjoy reading it since I remember from class you had a leaning towards this {insert author - book genre or style}. If your interested perhaps we could hook up for a coffee so I can let you borrow it if you wish. Please give me a call and tell me when is the best time if your interested. {insert your number here}

Hope your having a great day and talk to you soon.

Later on - how would you {insert name} like to crawl under the book covers with me and wrestle the paper sheets with our bodies.

My favorite response...I'd leave the last part out...lol DO IT! DO IT! Hell even call me first so I can encourage you! What have you got to lose hun? :) Keep us all posted!

Virgule3
12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
What's the thing about carol.prime?

Evil Chris
12-11-2007, 11:07 AM
What's the thing about carol.prime?She started a very similar thread on a different board.

EmporerEJ
12-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Look, don't screw around with it. Tell him you find him interesting, and would like to "date him."
I know that's what I'd like to hear.

I'll leave the key under the mat.
(Just in case it doesn't work.)

Virgule3
12-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Ok, so I called yesterday around 9:00pm and left a message on his voice mail at work...

I assume if he isn't interested, I'll never hear from him but if he is, how long will he wait you think? Assuming he is interested, I suppose he doesn't want to look too eager but not too detached either so... It's been 22 hours now... lol

What do you think?

Sophie.

(Carol.prime! So, what happened? What did you do? hihi)