PDA

View Full Version : ok, so who is looking forward to Christmas and whos not??

Visualad
12-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Most of my Friends that are parents all pretty much get ripped apart from all the running around, organizing, family dinners and what not during christmas. And they all say the same thing, they do it for their kids.

The day I get kids of my own.. I know I will probably look forward to it.. Not as much for my own sake- but for my kids.

Most of my single friends however, dont really look forward to it. Either they take a vacation or they bury themselves in work.

Which is probably what Im going to do.. ;-)

So what about you? looking forward to Christmas 2007 or what?

Evil Chris
12-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm looking forward to it. It's nice to have a couple of big dinners with family at least once a year. The kids will have a blast too.

Cyndalie
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
I like getting together with family and friends and eating good food. I also like getting and giving presents. I don't kill myself trying to make everyone happy, I just take special joy in the few I do get right...Mainly my parents, brothers, sister, nephew and husband.

Virgule3
12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I am, yes and no...

I'll be in the Montreal area for Xmas. I'll go down around the 22 or the 23, depending on the weather and the Parc des Laurentides... I'll spend it with my brother and my sister and their families... So I'm looking forward to it...

But I'm not looking forward to it because I'll be spending xmas with my brother and my sister and their families...

Let me explain... I have been single for 2 xmas' now which is really boring and not really fun... Plus, I don't have children and I'm 39 years old and altough I love my 4 nieces and nephews, it breaks my heart that I don't have any of my own and since I'm still single and 39, it will probably never happen...

But it's fun at the same time because we have eliminated the gifts exchange among adults and for the kids, since the oldest is 5, we always opt for quantity, not quality, so we buy tons of cheap but fun gifts... Hooray for the dollar store! LOL

So... That's it...

Sophie.

ScreaM
12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
I am. I love Christmas.

carol.prime
12-14-2007, 12:12 PM
single or not, i still spend Christmas together with my family. :)

GinaCochina
12-14-2007, 04:17 PM
I am not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not yet. That all depends on which relative's house we end up at.

Funbrunette
12-15-2007, 09:32 AM
For me so so...I've never been been a big Christmas fan (until Ryan was born) Now it's all about him and looking at the magic through his eyes. Makes it priceless! http://smilies.vidahost.com/ups/mamo/weihnacht2.gif

http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/holiday/hert.gif oh and I always had a thing for Rudolph...lol