PDA

View Full Version : We're being buried alive...HELP!!!!!

Funbrunette
12-16-2007, 05:14 PM
OMG! :geez: The snow just won't stop falling...Couldn't even open the patio door to let the dog out. I ventured out this morning and the roads were CRAZY!

Come on people living where it's nice and warm brag and tell us how comfy and toasty you are! :sunshine:

Casa Nova
12-16-2007, 09:06 PM
I left montreal at 9 am.. i got home an hour ago!! 11 hours on the god damn road!!

BTW where were you:(

Virgule3
12-16-2007, 09:23 PM
I live in Saguenay, way up north... So far, we have received 250 centimetres of snow!

I went skiing today. The conditions were amazing!

Sophie.

RageCash-Ben
12-16-2007, 09:37 PM
About 77 here and not a cloud in the sky :D

The snow looks so nice to me. I can understand how you could get sick of it tho!!

Virgule3
12-16-2007, 10:19 PM
About 77 here and not a cloud in the sky :D

The snow looks so nice to me. I can understand how you could get sick of it tho!!

Well, it's -12c here right now, pretty mild considering it was -22c yesterday, I don't know what it is in Farenheit but it's way below 32!

I love snow, I love winter sports, and I get tired of the snow when it is still there but we can't do our sports anymore...

Sophie.

Evil E
12-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I live in Saguenay, way up north... So far, we have received 250 centimetres of snow!

I went skiing today. The conditions were amazing!

Sophie.

I'll make an attempt at snowboarding tomorrow :cold2:

Jimmidean
12-17-2007, 10:05 AM
40 cm last night here in Ottawa
took four hours to get back from Montreal on Sunday

Kenny B
12-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Ah pussies, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Rochard
12-17-2007, 12:35 PM
This is why I love where I live in Northern California. It gets cold here, we have seasons - but no fucking snow!

Cyndalie
12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
How much did you get?
It was actually pretty nice here. Yesterday the rain cleared up around 3 and we had blue skies.

Evil Chris
12-17-2007, 02:10 PM
This is why I love where I live in Northern California. It gets cold here, we have seasons - but no fucking snow!Get real.... no snow = no winter. :xparrot:

It's crazy though... we have (much) more snow right now than we did for the entire winter last year. It's not even Christmas yet! Christmas last year was green!

Crak_JMan
12-17-2007, 02:11 PM
How much did you get?
It was actually pretty nice here. Yesterday the rain cleared up around 3 and we had blue skies.

They said on the news today we got 35 cm's in Montreal.

I think it's a lill more

TheLegacy
12-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Down in Brantford (south of Hamilton a bit) we got about 35 to 40cm. Our neighbors were awesome and today he brought his snow plow and did our entire driveway (about 12 cars end to end length). I had dreaded doing it since yesterday and only got partial way last night when my back gave out.

Panky
12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
I hope this isn't a sign as to how our entire winter will be this year. I don't mind a few centimeters here and there, even a couple of times a week, but getting anywhere from a foot to a foot and half of snow all in 1 day sucks. Not only did we get it once, but twice and it isn't even January yet.

Rochard
12-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Get real.... no snow = no winter. :xparrot:

It's crazy though... we have (much) more snow right now than we did for the entire winter last year. It's not even Christmas yet! Christmas last year was green!

That's what I thought too... Until I moved away from home and went through "winter" without snow. The first year it's like "This sucks" and the second year it's like "this is strange" and the third year it's perfectly normal for you.

Then go to someplace where their is snow and your like "how the fuck do people do this?"

I've been living without snow since 1986 or so. I've seen snow twice; Once when I returned "home" to NJ for Christmas and last year when we drove an hour to Lake Tahoe. I can do without it. In fact, I can do without the cold too!

No, no snow this year. Don't have to worry about bad weather at all. It's nice.

I'll come visit Montreal next summer. But no snow for me. (Unless I'm skiiing, which I haven't done in many years!)

Cold_ice
12-17-2007, 09:09 PM
It's cold in So. Cal. as well, we were hovering around 21c today. I saw snow last week at Disneyland; it was pretty nice I think I might go back before it ends:)

painful
12-18-2007, 02:31 AM
No snow for Vegas, except the mountains of course. I grew up in Chicago, land of snow and retarded drivers, and I can honestly say that I never want to live where it snows again. Ever.

Visualad
12-18-2007, 07:15 AM
post some pics of the snow

Sheri Santiago
12-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Around 70 here today ;)

That kind of snow is just nuts, then you get those crazy Montreal snow removal trucks with the sirens...I'll never forget the first time I heard them coming, I thought the city was under attack, lol

Virgule3
12-18-2007, 10:25 AM
post some pics of the snow

You want pics? here are some of mine at my house!!!

Sophie.

My poor baby didn't know what to do with all this snow!

http://www.virgule3.ca/chien/storm2.jpg

And this is my house...

http://www.virgule3.ca/chien/storm.jpg

Visualad
12-18-2007, 11:55 AM
You want pics? here are some of mine at my house!!!

Sophie.

My poor baby didn't know what to do with all this snow!

http://www.virgule3.ca/chien/storm2.jpg

And this is my house...

wow.. lots of snow..

not sure if its a good idea to have a white shovel with all that white snow.. Otherwise it might get lost and then found at spring time.. ;-)

Rochard
12-18-2007, 01:09 PM
lol. fuck that!

Way3
12-18-2007, 03:22 PM
That's a lot of snow. It is beautiful, but sorry... No thanks! Nice in AZ today! If I want snow though, it's only 2 hours up the road! :)

Panky
12-18-2007, 06:05 PM
To live an area where there was no snow in the winter would seem really weird at first. I couldn't imagine 70-80F weather at Christmas time. Wouldn't really feel much like Christmas.

Way3
12-18-2007, 06:32 PM
To live an area where there was no snow in the winter would seem really weird at first. I couldn't imagine 70-80F weather at Christmas time. Wouldn't really feel much like Christmas.
Been here all my life, so I don't know anything different! But, that is an unfortunately aspect of being here is that we don't really see the seasons like others! But, we do get to visit them a couple of hours up the road! :)

Vid Vicious
12-19-2007, 10:34 AM
My car was under at least 8 feet of snow .. Took 2 hours to get it out

ScreaM
12-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Wow, that snow sure is annoying.

Cold_ice
12-20-2007, 10:07 PM
http://www.virgule3.ca/chien/storm.jpg Wow, thats freaking awesome. Must be great for a week or two then it would just be hell. Do kids still have to go to school in that and adults to work?
Back in 1997 we got like 2 inches of snow where I lived and I swear almost everybody with an office just didn't go to work and school was cancelled. I tried to drive to work but went skidding down the road at the first stop I came to, so I turned my ass around and called in sick. Me and my boys played all day in that shit, it was great. Fred

Stinger
12-21-2007, 11:57 AM
We are living in the BEST CITY IN THE WORLD PERIOD.....

Enjoy the SNOW !

GO Habs GO !

Evil E
12-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Go Habs Go !

MediaGuy
12-21-2007, 05:58 PM
We are living in the BEST CITY IN THE WORLD PERIOD.....

Enjoy the SNOW !

GO Habs GO !

What he said, ten times :heart:

Rania
12-22-2007, 11:37 PM
That is a lot of snow you guys don't like winter sports? I'm a warm climate kind of girl but it does look beautiful.

Virgule3
12-23-2007, 10:41 PM
I ski. I have been skiing since I was 4 years old and I'm 39... I bought a brand new equipment this year and where I live, we have a fantastic real natural snow resort... The conditions are like I have never ever seen before! amazing! I love winter and I love snow!

Sophie.

Terrence
12-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Watching the news last night i see most of it melted you must be happy FunBrunette.

Terrence

Nice and sunny here today :laughout:

ScreaM
12-27-2007, 06:13 PM
I ski. I have been skiing since I was 4 years old and I'm 39... I bought a brand new equipment this year and where I live, we have a fantastic real natural snow resort... The conditions are like I have never ever seen before! amazing! I love winter and I love snow!

Sophie.
Skiing is one thing I miss the most.