PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Fios Rocks!

Cyndalie
12-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Got it installed on Friday - they ran a new fiber optic line to the house, installed all new boxes, battery backups, etc. The picture quality is fantastic, we get so many more channels for the same price (hello NFL Network!), the internet speed is blazing! and we now have a landline/phone that actually works... unlike Comcrap - we can now use all 3 at once!

Wooohoo! New fiber rocks!

Evil Chris
12-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Nice! So what is this exactly....? An alternative to digital cable?

Cyndalie
12-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Yep, it's a new fiber optic network that basically uses bandwidth for everything I believe.

Way3
12-18-2007, 03:07 PM
That sounds like a nice setup! I'm jealous!!! Wish we could get fiber where we are! :geez:

Relentless
12-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Hey Cyn, welcome to the northeast officially.... where we get stuff 1.5 years before they get it elsewhere heh :thanks:

FIOS is being rolled out by Verizon. It's fiber-optic (pulses of light over fiber cables rather than old-skool signals over copper wire." Verizon is spending a ton of money on the project and plans to have it out nationwide within a year and a half. You can read an excellent article about The Evolving Surfer in the December edition of XBIZ magazine that goes into some detail about FIOS and Verizon's massive investment in it. The article starts on page 1 in the lower left hand corner. I *cough* wrote it! *cough* *cough* :)

Digital copies can be found here: http://www.xbizworld.com/digital/online/