PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster is out of their minds

Cyndalie
12-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I have the Blockbuster 3 movies at a time through the mail with unlimited in-store exchanges for new movies plan. Check out this email I get today..

"To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from $24.99 to $34.99. "

That's a huge increase! Hell no that's not ok. I reduced the plan to limit it to 5 in-store exchanges per month. I may just drop it completely and get Starz and encore on cable with their OnDemand movies in Jan.

Relentless
12-20-2007, 09:11 AM
I have the Blockbuster 3 movies at a time through the mail with unlimited in-store exchanges for new movies plan. Check out this email I get today..
"To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from $24.99 to $34.99. "
That's a huge increase! Hell no that's not ok. I reduced the plan to limit it to 5 in-store exchanges per month. I may just drop it completely and get Starz and encore on cable with their OnDemand movies in Jan.

Netflix is better and with FIOS + Tivo I believe they have a movie download option aside from the snail mail version

Magnus3x
12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
http://mashable.com/2007/12/20/blockbuster-kicks-premium-subscriber-to-the-curb/

Slippery
12-20-2007, 04:31 PM
That's a bit of a jump in price!

Cold_ice
12-20-2007, 10:18 PM
I had to cancel my Blockbuster plan. I had the same plan 3 movies at a time and the from June to August they didn't send me any movies, not one. I figured they would give me a refund for at least a month or two but when I called to see what was up, they said sorry and and offered to give me 4 free movie coupons to make up for their mistake. So after about one hour of me complaining they offered me an extra coupon for a total of 5. I told them to stick them up their ass and cancelled. Fred

FreakySteve
12-21-2007, 12:08 PM
I've never been a fan of Blockbuster. Booo Blockbuster.

Rochard
12-21-2007, 12:34 PM
My music software, which allowed me to stream music on request for free with the option to buy it, recently pulled that.

It was Musicmatch and was bought out by Yahoo. They changed it from free to $80 a year for me to be able to stream music - and the right to buy from them.

In fact, I'm listening to it right now.

They gave exisiting Musicmatch customers one year free. Can't wait until they charge my credit card for that! Chargeback city!

Evil E
12-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey Rochard, you should check this out http://www.winamp.com/media/radio

ScreaM
12-21-2007, 04:01 PM
That sucks. I would hate to pay so much.

Kenny B
12-21-2007, 05:09 PM
That's nuts, the old bait and switch!