PDA

View Full Version : Determination

Cyndalie
01-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Doesn't this look like a metaphor for the US invasion into Iraq?

LOL

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8265/hungrysquirrelsh2.jpg

Rochard
01-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Seems to me like Iraq is going fine.

The public has some serious misconceptions about what's being done in Iraq. Everyone seems to think we can take over a country, remove it's government, and leave in six months. Nay Nay. This is something that will take a decade.

The US was in Germany for what - fifty years? And we are still in Japan.

People want instant gratifiction these days. It doesn't work like this.

Great picture by the way.

Cyndalie
01-02-2008, 02:17 PM
My meaning was getting in is much easier than getting out.

Especially when that bird seed is oil :)

Cyndalie
01-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Haha, i didnt even see the titmouse looking at the squirrel like WTF? lol

Mr. Plow
01-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Truly, getting in is easier than getting out. Sometimes I feel like that squirrel myself:P

carol.prime
01-02-2008, 02:52 PM
goodluck to him, then!! lol

Rochard
01-03-2008, 12:11 AM

Especially when that bird seed is oil :)

Yeah, I knew that. But I find everyone's thoughts about us getting out of Iraq humorous.

Not to kill your thread here, but on my Mustang boards everyone is up in arms over gas being $100 a barrel now.

Way3
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM

Nice! The pic definately fits the metaphor! :xthumbs:

painful
01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Just one thing on the Iraq war. It isn't just an Iraq war, it is a war against Islamist Extremists who are fighting a Jihad, a 100 year war. They have no monetary goal, no personal goal. They have the goal of islam to take back what was once the Persian Empire, which encompassed almost ALL of Europe. Fighting an enemy that doesn't have a set agenda and are willing to become Martyrs in Allahs eyes is almost impossible and we came into it at the beginning, it's only been like 15 or 20 years since it began, and if we keep this up the US will fall, miserably. We cannot support the deployments, we cannot afford the budgets and now the US government is taking away the pay raises promised to the military, which means they will lose more troops to civilian life. I am a member of the USAF. I am prepared to fight and die for my country, my family and my friends. I am not prepared to die for OIL or any vendetta of the Bush agenda. I believe the Iraq war and the Afghanistan war are futile.

Have a great day!

painful
01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
But the squirrel is genuinely fucked.

Rochard
01-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Just one thing on the Iraq war. It isn't just an Iraq war, it is a war against Islamist Extremists who are fighting a Jihad, a 100 year war. They have no monetary goal, no personal goal. They have the goal of islam to take back what was once the Persian Empire, which encompassed almost ALL of Europe. Fighting an enemy that doesn't have a set agenda and are willing to become Martyrs in Allahs eyes is almost impossible and we came into it at the beginning, it's only been like 15 or 20 years since it began, and if we keep this up the US will fall, miserably. We cannot support the deployments, we cannot afford the budgets and now the US government is taking away the pay raises promised to the military, which means they will lose more troops to civilian life. I am a member of the USAF. I am prepared to fight and die for my country, my family and my friends. I am not prepared to die for OIL or any vendetta of the Bush agenda. I believe the Iraq war and the Afghanistan war are futile.

Have a great day!

Your not preprared to die for oil? Boy, are you screwed.

It's all about the oil. It doens't matter who is in office. The US has had a policy about oil (read: fuel) since the 1940s. It's a national security issue. It's very simple - No oil = no military, not to mention the hundreds of millions of Americans who would starve to death because they didn't have fuel to gas up the trucks that bring them their fuel.

It's really that simple.

(Thanks for serving by the way.)

Kenny B
01-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Big difference is, that squirrel isn't going to bankrupt a country by trying to steal someone else's nuts!

Funbrunette
01-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Big difference is, that squirrel isn't going to bankrupt a country by trying to steal someone else's nuts!

:rofl: That made my day!!!

TheLegacy
01-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Make that squirrel a gerbil, keep the tube and call DonMike - we have a winner !!!!

painful
01-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Make that squirrel a gerbil, keep the tube and call DonMike - we have a winner !!!!

Hey, I could use that on my site, maybe I can get some subscribers then!

Cyndalie
01-04-2008, 08:58 AM

LOL!! :laughout: