PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Dr. Phil?

Cyndalie
01-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Dr. Phil's planned sitdown Monday with Britney Spears' parents dissolved into accusations he was exploiting the troubled singer's emotional crackup.

The TV shrink insisted he canceled the taping with Jamie and Lynne Spears "because the Spears situation is too intense at this time, and out of consideration to the family."

A source close to Dr. Phil McGraw said it was Britney's parents who cut him off, furious he blabbed about her mental state after visiting her in the psych ward at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

"As soon as Jamie realized Dr.Phil was making public statements about Britney, including assessments of her condition, he got angry," the source told Life & Style magazine. "He started making phone calls to everybody in the family, telling them not to cooperate."

The show was to air Tuesday.

So the story is, I think, the family wanted Dr Phil to talk to Britney. He was going to have a show talking about the family's problems. He get's in to talk to Britney at the hopsital before she leaves and I'm sure she tells him to fuck the fuck off. He turns around and makes comments to the media on her mental state. Then after getting flack from thefamily, cancels a show they most likely never agreed to be on in the first place.

What a scumbag. Is he even a real DR?

TheLegacy
01-08-2008, 11:46 AM
He is real - problem is that he has an ego from the show and popularity.

can't be helped when you feel that everyone looks up to you for advice and wisdom to become full of yourself. You hear, "your awesome and always giving the best of advice" enough and you start to believe you can move mountains.

Dr Phil really pushed that here - and I disagree with him entirely when he put his own show above his calling. Now he has crossed the line and needs humility. No one will take advice when it first isn't asked for.

Quagmire
01-08-2008, 11:47 AM
He's a opportunist douchebag.

Visualad
01-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I only watched a few of his FIRST shows.

He was entertaining when he just got it started. I have not watched it anything at all in the last years though.

Everytime I nowadays happen to stumble on his show when channel flicking - it seems like a version of Ricky Lake or something.

I guess he´s gone through all the "major" more serious topics, and now just doing anything that will bring him viewers (read $$$).

Funbrunette
01-08-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm a fan of Dr. phil sure he's a bit egotistical, but what can you expect from having a show and being paid the amount of money he gets paid. "Unfitney" Spears is a whack job and so is her family. Trash is trash Dr. Phil isn't the first one and won't be the last one to try to make a dime off her misery. if I could I would in a heartbeat! It's self inflicted! :geez:

My two cents...

Rochard
01-08-2008, 01:03 PM
I like him. He tells it how it is. He doesn't try to be nice about it. "You can't find a spouse because your fat and ugly and you need to improve yourself".

Bingo.

I'm tired of this PC crap.

Panky
01-08-2008, 02:54 PM
With the whole Britney thing, he's not any different than any other TV personality or reporter who would love to get an inside look at what is really going on with her and the family. Britney equals money, exposure. Whoever gets the story first, there's some serious benefits to it. We all love to hate these predators, feeding on the famous. However, we,( people in general), are just as bad for following all this garbage. We feed on peoples dirty laundry. The more someone seems to fall from the pedestal we placed them on and we see their lives aren't really as "perfect" as we perceived them to be, the more we eat this stuff up. If Dr. Phil would've managed to get Britney and the family on his show, he probably would've broke records for the most viewers to his show and across the networks. It's sad really. Sure Dr. Phil is supposed to be a professional, just as reporters are supposed to be too, but as long as we keep rewarding them for this type of behavior, it's not going to change. It's all about the money. Always has been, always will be.

Evil Chris
01-08-2008, 04:01 PM
I like some of his shows, not all of them. Sometimes he goes straight for the headlines with shock value stuff. I always thought his show wasn't so much like Springer.

He should mind his own business on the Spears thing though.

RageCash-Ben
01-10-2008, 02:40 AM
I too like some of his shows but I think this stuff with Britney is ridiculous. His ego is out of control.

Platinum Chris
01-10-2008, 09:12 AM
He's a tool, that's all I gotta say. The only reason he's a somebody is because he stroked Oprah's ego the right way.

Regarding the Britney thing, it was Brits parents that called the guy. Looks like they're trying to cash in on Brit quickly before she offs herself or completely destroys whatever career she has left.

2MuchMark
01-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Dr. Phil
Nancy Grace
John Edwards.

DOUCHBAGS.