PDA

View Full Version : Back from Internext

Evil Chris
01-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Had a good time, and even did a little business.
I thought that turnout was kinda low, and I personally wasn't too crazy about the new format. It was ok.

Thanks to Connor Young from YNOT for dinner the other night. He certainly had a horseshoe in a private location! :laughout:

Rochard
01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey bitch!

Why did you avoid me every chance you got?

SFS
01-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Glad you had a good time. THis was the first show i have missed in 9 yrs..
Im sorry, it would have been great to meet ya!

Maybe next show. :)

SFS
01-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Hey bitch!

Why did you avoid me every chance you got?

Were you there also? Damn!! I would have loved to meet and hang out with you guys...

Panky
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Welcum back http://www.icando4u.com/smile/wave2.gif

Evil Chris
01-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey bitch!

Why did you avoid me every chance you got?I saw you once the whole time! Where were you hanging out? It was a smallish show ya know.

AbulletAway
01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
What didn't you like about the show? After walking around the show floor at the last Miami show I wasn't sure how they would do it in Vegas because the show floor was beyond dead.

This Vegas show, I liked the smaller set up. Would have liked to have spent more time checking it out though. But, I give them credit for trying something totally different.

Though I would like to see it at a maybe a smaller hotel where we could get the whole hotel to ourselves like we do in Miami. But, if they kept it at the Palms I certainly wouldn't complain. It semeed like a nice hotel.

Evil Chris
01-17-2008, 03:47 PM
What I didn't like? Well I thought that $300 at the door was pretty steep. Not a lot of webmasters are going to pay that entrance fee. There's a reason why the Phoenix Forum type of format is taking off.

Having the show inside the Rain nightclub was kinda cool, I'll admit. Overall though, I did not see very many working webmasters at the show. There were a heck of a lot of higher end, more corporate types there though.

AbulletAway
01-17-2008, 03:58 PM
What I didn't like? Well I thought that $300 at the door was pretty steep. Not a lot of webmasters are going to pay that entrance fee. There's a reason why the Phoenix Forum type of format is taking off.

Having the show inside the Rain nightclub was kinda cool, I'll admit. Overall though, I did not see very many working webmasters at the show. There were a heck of a lot of higher end, more corporate types there though.

Very true about the cost of the badge. But, at the same time most other shows aren't at really nice hotels. But, then my only comparison would be webmaster access west. That was at the Universal Sheraton and the hotel is nasty. I am sure they have better rooms then the basement they stuck me in with spiders and cobwebs but I spoke to some others who had the same problems. As much as I find the cost of the badge to be a little high, I look at it like a trade off. I at least know it's going to be held someplace nice.

Though, it would be nice to actually get more for the cost of the badge besides a nice location and some seminars. Like maybe a price cut on the bar, I paid 7 bucks for a beer. I realize that's normal price for a nightclub beer. But, since I could careless about the seminars, what I care about is when I walk to the bar to buy drinks for a potential client or some friends it would be nice to hand them a hundred and actually get some change back and not just enough for the damn tip lol

Evil Chris
01-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah you know, I'm 50/50 on this show. Certains aspects of it were great, and innovative too while other sides of it didn't seem to fit for me. I was particularly surprised at the overall lack of working webmasters in attendance. You know, the bare bones TGP owners and such.

I just found this show to be more of a corporate gathering this time.

Ronaldo
01-18-2008, 12:13 AM
I think it was the best Vegas show in 4 years.

Rochard
01-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Were you there also? Damn!! I would have loved to meet and hang out with you guys...

We had a penthouse suite at another hotel where we were shooting. And I got lost in it.

Funbrunette
01-18-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm hearing mixed reviews from this show...Is it me or is it getting smaller each year? I didn't make it this time, so I'm going with what I heard. Can't wait to see the pics from JFK!

AbulletAway
01-18-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm hearing mixed reviews from this show...Is it me or is it getting smaller each year? I didn't make it this time, so I'm going with what I heard. Can't wait to see the pics from JFK!

Well, I was really concerned after the Miami show this summer, that show floor was as dead as I ever saw it. I still think the Miami show is by far the best show. But, for the first time, there was just no one on the floor; I mean voices echoed when you spoke.

But, I liked what they did this time by putting the show floor in a smaller space and making it more of a night club atmosphere because that's where the business always seems to get done at. At least, that's where people have fun, meet knew people, hand out cards with no pressure and then you come back home, go through the cards and make some deals. Making the actual show floor like that, I thought was a bold idea. It needs work; the music maybe shouldn't be as loud? But, it's the first time I have been to a show and thought, wow, it would so be worth it to actually have a booth here.

Elli
01-18-2008, 04:40 PM
I think the new format worked very well. Each "booth" had a couch and table to spread their wares on instead of just a cardboard sign to stand in front of, and the skyboxes were great for talking business. Serving the food in the nightclub was problematic, though. People had to eat on the benches or standing up in the narrow corridors! The music the first day was quite loud, too.

For the opening party, I was a bit disappointed. I'm not a club type person, so I usually enjoy the warm-up party as it is usually held in a well-lit hotel ballroom with lots of room to wander around and greet people. The RAIN nightclub turned it into just another nightclub party that was too loud and dark to do much in except watch people get drunk.

The badge price definitely seems a bit steep, and is probably prohibitive to the smaller webmasters looking to break into the industry. I guess we'll be seeing those folks mostly at the free or cheaper shows.

Slippery
01-19-2008, 02:17 PM
I've never been much for going to shows, just not my thing.
Glad to read that everyone is back safe and sound though.

Rania
01-19-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm releived I skipped it this year I haven't heard the greatest reviews either.

Quagmire
01-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Oh my, Quagmire ist drinking lots of beer, ya!
http://www.fubarwebmasters.com/galleries/vegas08/746/z06025.jpg
Ya, ya! Ist lots of beer!

Way over on the far left is Rich from GTS pounding back some beer too.