PDA

View Full Version : New to webmistressing, suggestions?

DominaKiara
01-21-2008, 01:33 AM
I am new to webmistressing and looking into starting my own adult PSO web-based business. I have been doing PSO work now for about 2 years, so I know the in's and out's of the business. I don't, however, know where to promote (beyond doing a google search for toplists) or much about web design.

I have purchased a domain name for my personal character - www.mistresskiarasdungeon.com - does anyone have any suggestions? I don't know what I am doing at all ^_^;; Someone else is taking care of the hosting for me and she made the intro page. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! My e-mail is DominaKiara@gmail.com or my aim & yim are both messiernumber42

Ki

Evil Chris
01-21-2008, 11:35 PM
I'd say you are off to a great start Kiara... welcome to XNations.

You'll find a wide array of knowledgable people here. :xthumbs:

Panky
01-22-2008, 02:57 AM
Welcum to XNations! http://www.icando4u.com/smile/wave2.gif

There are quite a few ways one can choose to market their website. Toplists are one way. I saw on the site it is set-up like a blog. This will benefit you in more than one way. You can find other blogs to trade links with. You can write posts targeting specific keywords and phrases, for example.

Place ads in trade magazines advertising your site and services.

Get your site listed in directories and portals.

Find surfer boards and participate in them carrying your site in your sig. Every time you make an update to your blog, drop the link off at these surfer forums.

Find and/or create groups like the Yahoo, MSN, or Google groups type places.

Every time you add an entry to your blog, ping the link using a site like http://www.pingoat.com . You can also dump the link at link dumps.

You can purchase advertising on other webmasters sites that cater to surfers, such as TGP sites, MGP sites, link lists, directories, or blogs.

Participate on webmaster forums. Go to misc events or gatherings. Network with your fellow webmasters. Once the webmasters get to know you, this can lead to link trades, new resources to advertise, or possible other business ventures.

You can purchase content that is in your niche or use your own if you produce your own content. You can build freesites and galleries and include links back to your site. Don't do this for TGP galleries if you are using sponsor provided content though. Only link back to your own site if you purchased the content or produce your own content.

Find forums and groups specific to your niche. Network with other webmasters and/or surfers within the niche.

Encourage bookmarking on your site, but give them a reason to do so. You are selling a character you created. An alter ego of sorts. Talk to the surfer as a fellow human being and lover of the niche. Keep it personal, like your blog posts are, because surfers will keep returning because there is something about you they like.

Another source of revenue is to join sponsor programs that offer sites in your niche and add some advertising for those sites as well. Since you work the niche, you have a good understanding already as to whether or not you think a site would sell and if it compliments your niche.

Network with other PSO and trade links on their sites. They may also be able to give you some insight as to where they advertise as well.

There's a woman who goes by the name of Sabby on Netpond who works as a PSO. There's at least two other ladies who are familiar with this side of the industry as well. I just can't remember their names off hand. Anyway, I'd try and contact Sabby or make a post on the Pond similar to this one and you may be able to network with a few others who work in the field or possibly promote one of the companies.