PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Courts Give Abused Boy to Maple Leafs

TheLegacy
01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
January 23, 2008

Ontario Court Decision

Toronto, Canada (REUTERS) - A seven year old boy was at the centre of an Ontario courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Toronto Maple Leafs whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

http://netcrashers.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/b30484939.jpg

Evil Chris
01-23-2008, 02:48 PM
I need to create a forum just for Leaf hating/bashing. :)

TheLegacy
01-23-2008, 02:56 PM

LOL. you know I do love them, hell if I showed you my home office we have the walls painted in leafs blue with a leafs banner running around it, just lately I have no clue who they are anymore

Evil Chris
01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Me either. It's all right... They need to blow the team up and rebuild it again and that's going to take some time. Just so long as I see them win it all before I die.

dyonisus
01-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Me either. It's all right... They need to blow the team up and rebuild it again and that's going to take some time. Just so long as I see them win it all before I die.

HAhahah

I say this with all the love of a Torontonian who dores the leafs. But seriously... they could not win it all if Harold Ballard came back to life and scared them into a cup! I have decided to just be a fan and forget hopes of a cup!

Casa Nova
01-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Atleast they got rid of JFJ. Cliff will be able to find a suitable candidate for the position.

Janell
01-23-2008, 04:22 PM

Just imagine how fast that forum would turn.

Evil Chris
01-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Atleast they got rid of JFJ. Cliff will be able to find a suitable candidate for the position.Well, they won last night against Washington. Now I know that isn't saying a whole lot, but it's a good sign as it was their first game with Fletcher back as GM.

TheEnforcer
01-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Hahahahaha.. good one..

Casa Nova
01-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Well, they won last night against Washington. Now I know that isn't saying a whole lot, but it's a good sign as it was their first game with Fletcher back as GM.

Definitely a good sign, but it did take up to the last 20 seconds to decide it. We need more convincing wins. That game could've gone either way.

Eklund mentioned a good point today; Fletcher is a very smart guy and is able to make teams react. There is still a tight race in the West conference. Cliff could deal Kaberle to San Jose (eklunds example) which in turn would force teams like Vancouver/Calgary/Detroit to react and HAVE to make a trade, which would raise the value of guys like Sundin and Tucker.

We need to dump some guys for fresh young talent. Sundins contract is up at the end of this year, we can trade him off as a rent-a-player and he can re-sign next year with a new fresh set of young guys to mentor with the leafs.

I certainly for one hope that Sundin waves his no-trade for the betterment of the team, aslong as he comes back next season.

I also don't put it past Fletcher to do something like send raycroft & kubina down to the marlies for some cap space whether it be this year or next if he cant deal them. Kubina I love as a player but you can't have your 3rd blue liner taking up 10% of the Salary cap.

TheLegacy
01-24-2008, 08:37 PM
I have definitely fond memories of going to the hockey games. Growing up my uncle received free Leaf tickets through his work and he would give them to me as a Christmas present. Later on I saw Wayne Gretzky play with Oilers at the Gardens and it was magical.

Sadly the only inspiration I had for them was about 10 years or so ago when they lost most of their star players and had to bring a shitload of the farm team during the playoffs. Amazingly they almost got to the finals, but played with heart that almost brought tears to my eyes.

BuggyG
01-25-2008, 09:32 AM
old
I posted this without the pic longtime ago

Evil Chris
01-25-2008, 10:12 AM
old
I posted this without the pic longtime agoI remember. Hey BuggyG... how you been? Long time no see.

What are you up to nowadays?

BuggyG
01-25-2008, 01:48 PM
work..work..work
shit-load of content that I shot for 3mths.. so got no plans to shoot for a while
too many scenes to edit.. and then encode
but it's always fun doing toy scenes with a girl.. which if all goes well, will get another couple done this week. if the girl answers her phone. called her agent, see if she's available this weekend

but work.. and more work. keeps me busy.. and passes the time. besides... with tax time around the corner, gonan have to see how much I owe them this year. so more work.. more shoots.. more having fun with girls

Evil Chris
01-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Well, it's good to be busy. I take it you're shooting exclusively for JoinRightNow?