PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Canada is a haven for terrorism, crime, and tornadoes

Quagmire
01-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Terrorists, thieves and tornadoes - oh, Canada!

Australians considering a trip to the Great White North may find themselves quickly making other plans after reading their federal government's travel advisory on Canada.

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade recently updated its "Smart Traveller" website - intended to give travellers "up-to-date information about the risks Australians might face overseas" - and classified the world's nations into five categories based on their current "security situation."

Canada falls into the second safest category, called "exercise caution" (not as safe as Chile, Romania and South Korea), with terrorism listed as the top concern.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080125.AUSTRALIA25/TPStory/National

Evil Chris
01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
"Heavy snowfalls and ice in the winter can make driving dangerous. The wind-chill factor can also create dangerously cold outdoor conditions. ... The province of British Columbia in western Canada is in an active earthquake zone. Alberta and British Columbia are also subject to avalanches. ... Tornadoes can occur in some areas of Canada between May and September. Bush and forest fires can occur any time in Canada."
Be advised that there are vehicles on the roads of Canada. Crossing a Canadian street without first looking in either direction could be dangerous.

TheLegacy
01-25-2008, 09:27 PM
We captured this Outback employee !!! What do you think of that eh?

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/19500/Terrorist--19613.jpg

Rochard
01-28-2008, 03:13 AM
Be advised that there are vehicles on the roads of Canada. Crossing a Canadian street without first looking in either direction could be dangerous.

I always knew Cananda was dangerous!

Elli
01-28-2008, 02:54 PM
What a crock! We should post a warning about Australia being full of poisonous snakes and crocodiles!

Magnus3x
01-28-2008, 03:34 PM
They should mention our beer being very stong.. that can really hurt somebody.

Mr. Plow
01-28-2008, 06:02 PM
This is hilarious, though I note cautiously that, ahem, drivers are a tad more dangerous in Montreal than most other places:P But I live in Vancouver, home of the latte drinking, cell phone using, nitwitt driver. Combine that with living in an "active earthquake zone" and it's a wonder I'm still here!

Quagmire
01-29-2008, 02:54 PM
This is hilarious, though I note cautiously that, ahem, drivers are a tad more dangerous in Montreal than most other places:P But I live in Vancouver, home of the latte drinking, cell phone using, nitwitt driver. Combine that with living in an "active earthquake zone" and it's a wonder I'm still here!

Montreal is more about aiming the car and stepping on the right pedal than driving. Nothing like going up the 15 on a Friday with cottage traffic. :D

Panky
01-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Montreal is more about aiming the car and stepping on the right pedal than driving.

LOL! That is a pretty accurate description. lol!

flashca$hkris
01-30-2008, 12:59 PM
great to be Canadian!

dyonisus
01-30-2008, 02:42 PM
hahaha, and I love the beer comment.
Passive Canadians live in a haven of terrorism...