PDA

View Full Version : Page peel ads

Panky
01-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Do you like them? Anyone use them on their sites?

Evil Chris
01-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't use them myself.
When I am on a site using them (GFY for example) and I accidentally move my mouse over them it annoys the heck out of me!

Panky
01-29-2008, 02:39 PM
When I am on a site using them (GFY for example) and I accidentally move my mouse over them it annoys the heck out of me!

Really? Hmmm...

I haven't been on a site where one annoyed me yet. I like the ones that are small in either the right or left corner. I prefer right myself because it is just what side of the screen I notice first.

The only one I saw that I didn't like, was one that used a larger image and the ad took up a large portion of the corner before the peel effect. It was just too bulky. I like the minimalistic look that just gives a hint of what is underneath.

Ronaldo
01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I agree with Chris. They can be annoying.

HOWEVER, the WORST ads are becoming the drop down ones that cover the site and load fully before they show you the "Close" button. In many cases you have to look hard FOR the close button it's so small.

TSN.ca is getting REALLY bad for them.

Panky
01-29-2008, 02:57 PM
HOWEVER, the WORST ads are becoming the drop down ones that cover the site and load fully before they show you the "Close" button. In many cases you have to look hard FOR the close button it's so small.

Yes. I agree. I really don't like those at all either. They're bound to piss people off.

Shane_TDF
01-29-2008, 04:06 PM
they annoy the hell outta me every time I'm on a site with one. Maybe I'm developing an attention deficit disorder lately but I keep shifting back to that little page curl and missing information on the site.
Ok... that's enough of me ranting for now.

Rochard
01-29-2008, 08:41 PM
I use them on my blogs. It's real estate that's not being used.... so why not?

Casa Nova
01-29-2008, 10:02 PM

The sportsnet forums are the worst for the drop down ads!

Stephane76
01-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Do you like them? Anyone use them on their sites?

No we dont, i wonder if they re clicked a lot.

Mister E
02-01-2008, 01:14 PM

MisterE agrees with 'the voice of reason'

One of my affiliates uses them (too much) and they look great, surprise people but do not convert.

Panky
02-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Hmmmm.... interesting. I was thinking along the lines of Rochard that it is unused real estate, but at the same time, I don't want to annoy my surfers.

I know it boils down to trial and error, but I was just curious as to what everyones thoughts on the subject were and/or experiences.

Magnus3x
02-04-2008, 04:41 PM
I don't think we have seen alot of it in adult.
You dont see alot of peel ads in mainstream anymore either, mostly vertical or horizontal expandables ads. What is really annoying is when they blend the color or the close X with the back ground color.

Video and flash ads are more prevalent.

Vendzilla
02-04-2008, 06:47 PM
the peel away ads get more CTR than other banners for me

punker barbie
02-04-2008, 08:59 PM
we offer them for affiliates and havent had any issues with them. in fact we've seen a increase in traffic/sales.

Casa Nova
02-05-2008, 02:37 AM
One thing is for sure, it was a great idea on spunky cash's part.