PDA

View Full Version : Partnership, Per Signup, or Clicks?

Evil Chris
09-15-2002, 04:56 PM
It's a question that gets thrown around a lot, but it seems like the answers or opinions on it changes with the times.

How do you feel about sending your traffic out to different sponsor programs? What do you expect for that traffic?

Share your thoughts...

XxXotic
09-15-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
It's a question that gets thrown around a lot, but it seems like the answers or opinions on it changes with the times.

How do you feel about sending your traffic out to different sponsor programs? What do you expect for that traffic?

Share your thoughts...

well it varies for me, for the most part I only push 1 sponsor now, I'll send some random traffic here and there but 90% gets sent to 1 sponsor cuz I know for a fact it converts and it will recurr for me. I used to prefer per signup, but that's slowly leaning towards revshare, never been much of a per click type of person, too many restrictions and rules pertaining to getting paid on those (i've been shafted a few times on per click) especially blind click programs that payout at 100$, pay 5 cents per click but if you so happen to not get a s/u off that 100$ (1:2000) you dont get yer money. I wasn't aware the point to a blind click was to make sales, of that were the case i'd just promote a regular per click program

right now for me

revshare/signup are neck and neck with per click falling way behind

Evil Chris
09-16-2002, 09:07 PM
For me I think that it all depends on the type of site it is. If it's a site that has a certain fan appeal, like an amateur's site, then partnership is probably the best way to go because you can usually count on a longer retention, and in the long run that would equate to more money.

It it were a generalized hardcore site, or maybe even a niche site which also gained you access to a general member's area, then a per signup situation might be better. Then again, you'd have to test things out with your own traffic to see what works best.

luke
09-16-2002, 09:46 PM
I agree Chris. We send most of our mailer traffic to pay per signup programs but we just started signing up for a lot of amateur sites that have revshare programs to push off of amateurindex. It seems to be doing pretty good.

If any of you run any amateur sites that have revshares, hit me up.

Bruno Dickman
09-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Revshare rocks!!! IF you know the members area of thesite you are advertising is good. :)

Take care,

Bruno

Evil Chris
09-18-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by luke
I agree Chris. We send most of our mailer traffic to pay per signup programs but we just started signing up for a lot of amateur sites that have revshare programs to push off of amateurindex. It seems to be doing pretty good.

If any of you run any amateur sites that have revshares, hit me up.

:D I remember when AI first got on the web...
It's still a great place for an amateur's site to be listed. Looks like you guys still push a lot of amateur traffic through it!

luke
09-18-2002, 10:04 PM
We sure do. Its still pretty powerful. We've been doing really good with <a href="http://www.amateurpartner.com">AmateurPartner's</a> sites.