PDA

View Full Version : Jeff probst talks Fan vs Favorites Survivor- starts tonight!

TheEnforcer
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Caution there is some broad spoilers in the article. From what I read though this looks like it will be the best season they have ever had. Click link for full aerticle.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2008/02/probst-handicap.html

Probst handicaps 'Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites'
By Daniel Fienberg
February 06, 04:20 PM

Once upon a time, Survivor host Jeff Probst liked to be cagey about how long he'd stick with the reality franchise. On the eve of Wednesday's (Feb. 7) premiere of Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites, Probst sounds like you'd have to pry his Tribal Council torch snuffer from his cold, dead hands.

"All you'd have to do really is step inside my shoes for a single moment and you'd understand why I'm still on Survivor," Probst says. "I travel the world. I get to host and produce one of the most fascinating shows on television. And I get paid more money than any college dropout should ever dream of making. And when I'm not working? I have a lot of free time to think about what a great life I have. So, for me, it was an easy decision."

Not only is the 16th Survivor season about to kick off as Probst chats with reporters on a recent conference call, but CBS has already ordered an additional two seasons, with the host on board. And part of why he isn't going anywhere is the fact that despite a durability that every unscripted show can envy, Survivor has never stopped reinventing itself.

Take Micronesia, in which a team of 10 returning Survivor Favorites, culled mostly from recent installments, will face off against 10 Fans, obsessive devotees of the series.

Funbrunette
02-07-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm looking forward to tonight's show! :xthumbs:

Evil Chris
02-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I didn't click the link because I don't want any spoilers, but suffice to say I'm pumped about the new season. I have been a fan of survivor since Season one.

I don't think I have ever missed a single episode.
They should have picked ME as one of the "fans"... :)

TheEnforcer
02-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Well, did you actually TRY and get picked? That generally does help. LOL

BTW- my early person I plan to root for is Parvati. She COMPLETELY blew it at tribal council when she played. She should have won but totally screwed up at the final tribal council.

Slippery
02-07-2008, 02:43 PM
I will be watching! I miss Survivor!