PDA

View Full Version : Advantages to putting it on your CC

Kenny B
02-08-2008, 10:43 AM
This past Christmas I bought a bunch of gift certificates for the women in my life at a local Spa/Gym (club feel good) for those local peeps. I just found out they went out of business and the majority of the women never used the manicure/pedicure/massages that I bought them.

I called MasterCard, explained the situation, they told me to fax in all the unused gift certificates and they would credit me for them. I thought this was pretty cool, had I paid cash the $ would be lost.

Evil Chris
02-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Interesting stuff.

It reminds me of a news bit I saw just before Christmas. It was a bit of a warning to those who buy gift certificates at places like Best Buy (for example). Companies like them made huge profits, like in the multi-millions, in recent years on gift certificates that expired (weren't used, or weren't used in time).

I think you're fortunate to get something back Kenny.

Kenny B
02-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Around xmas they were saying that 20-25% of all gift cards are never redeemed. I found that to be a very high number.

Ronaldo
02-09-2008, 07:43 PM
gift certificates that expired (weren't used, or weren't used in time).

I refuse to buy gift certificates that DO expire. Wtf is that? I'm handing YOU money and you tell ME I have only so long to use the coupon I just gave you money FOR?? WHY wouldn't I just give someone the money instead? Get fuckin' real.