PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's day...To give or not?

Funbrunette
02-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Ok so were getting close to this day again (personally I call it a Hallmark day) I'm just curious how everyone here feels about it...

The way I see it, it's one day out of 365....Why wait for "that" day to express your love for your better half. Don't get me wrong a card is always sweet, but if my husband only gives me flowers on Valentine's day (because it's a holiday) then I would rather get absolutely nothing.

My two cents....

With that said I hope to get that tennis bracelet I've had my eyes on for a while...:laughout:

Crak_JMan
02-11-2008, 10:23 AM
If you only get flowers or gifts from the person you are with on valentine's day I say dump them.

Every week couples should do special stuff and give a small but though full gift.

Being single I'm gonna take out my fuck friend for diner and hopefully she then gives me desert :-D

Evil Chris
02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
A lot of men need a day set aside to remind them to do something for their significant other. The ones that need it, and forget? They don't deserve a significant other.

GoodChris
02-11-2008, 11:06 AM
God I love being Single ;)

dyonisus
02-11-2008, 12:15 PM
I am pretty romantic across the board

TheLegacy
02-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Valentines (like christmas) is a day that we need to keep in our hearts every day. Yet, it is a day that for some is important as it reminds a few how we need to start treating one another - while for many - a pat on the back for treating others the same way year round.

I don't see it as much as a romantic holiday for two, but a celebration of a unique emotion that we all need to have more of... Love.

Funbrunette
02-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Great so I should be getting lot's of flowers at the office on Thurday right? :laughout: Hit me up on PM for my address....lol

Evil Chris
02-11-2008, 04:12 PM
I think men get the shaft on Valentine's Day. :(

Visualad
02-11-2008, 05:09 PM

when you mention it.. it got me thinking..
its always the guys running around getting their girls gifts..

Never seen a girl friend of mine run around like crazy trying to find something to give to her man..

disclaimer: this is an observation within my circle of friends.
Doesnt necessarily apply world wide.
Dont bitch on me.
thank you.
bye.

;-)

Ronaldo
02-11-2008, 05:18 PM
The way I see it, it's one day out of 365....Why wait for "that" day to express your love for your better half. Don't get me wrong a card is always sweet, but if my husband only gives me flowers on Valentine's day (because it's a holiday) then I would rather get absolutely nothing.

I agree with you 100%.

It pisses me off that I'm EXPECTED to get something on that day when the best gifts by FAR are the ones that aren't expected. Last week for example, I took a peek at my wife's facebook page and noticed a couple of things. One was pretty sad so I thought I'd try to cheer her up. She'd posted something that she'd like on the same quiz so I went out and tried to get it for her. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it at 6 different stores. HAD I BEEN able to find it, that would have been worth a fuck of a lot more than had I just done it for Valentine's day. And it would have guaranteed some sloppy head too.

Ronaldo
02-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh yeah. Last summer, out of the blue and for no reason, I sent my mother-in-law a gourmet gift basket. She called me up to ask WHY? I just told her that even though I joke about her all the time, I love her and she's a great mother-in-law. I just know that with every tear of joy she shed on the phone, I jumped a couple of spots in the inheritance pool. That's money well spent.

Crak_JMan
02-11-2008, 06:05 PM

Just on valentine's day???? :scram:

Terrence
02-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I'll be your Valentine Funbrunette :heart: :heart: :heart:

Terrence

Funbrunette
02-11-2008, 09:21 PM
***Sorry Panky I accidently deleted your post***:geez: It's just not a good Monday...

LMAO!!!!

Panky
02-11-2008, 09:28 PM
I think it is a meaningless holiday created by card companies, jewelry sellers, chocolate companies, and florists. I was adopted on Valentines Day, so it was always a special day in our house, but my family never went all out and made a big deal of the day. It just happened to be the day the papers went through and my parents could bring me home.

My dad always buys my mom roses. She is one of these women that would get upset if my dad didn't buy her flowers. I never understood that. My sister-in-law is the same way. My brother frets wondering if he got something his wife will like. I just never quite 'got it'.

I don't know. I like the simple things. I'm happy if my BF cooks dinner out of the blue, notices a sweater I bought without me having to point it out, or just randomly lets me know he appreciates me and the things I do for him. It can be something simple like a note left on my keyboard that says something nice and sweet.

Things that are unexpected and thoughtful mean more to me than making an ordeal out of a holiday just because it is what one is supposed to do. I appreciate gifts and all that stuff, but what really does it for me is when someone puts some thought into it and does something because they wanted to be nice and show me they actually care. I guess I'm just not hard to please. It doesn't take much to make me happy, feel all warm and fuzzy inside. ;)

Panky
02-11-2008, 09:35 PM
***Sorry Panky I accidently deleted your post***:geez: It's just not a good Monday...

LMAO!!!!

lol! I reposted. I knew if I didn't, then you would feel bad about it. I just couldn't be cruel like that. I didn't care that it was accidentally deleted, but I know you and it would've bugged you. Besides, tormenting you is Good Chris's job. lol!

Rania
02-12-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm in the opinion that a card is the minimum after that it's just fluff. But honestly what woman doesn't like being wined and dinned and getting flowers? :)

Ronaldo
02-12-2008, 09:01 AM
But honestly what woman doesn't like being wined and dinned and getting flowers? :)

Yeah, but would you rather it be on a day designated by a corporation to sell more of it's greetings cards, or on a day that your husband decides he actually WANTS to take you out for a nice dinner?

Crak_JMan
02-12-2008, 09:11 AM
I think I'm giving myself a new Nike Driver for Valentines...

aimeesweet
02-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I do love getting some little trinket for Valentine's Day(or any day for that matter), but I also like to give my man something as well. Not sure what I'm going to get him this year yet, but I know I will be making him a lovely dinner that evening...