PDA

View Full Version : It's time to "pulse" dial

GoodChris
02-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Ever notice that on your phone bill you are being charged 3-4$ every month for Tone dial service?

Well its time to call them on their BS.

Anyone with pulse phones out there, join the battle and call your phone company and ask them to remove this "obligatory" Tone dial charge. See if they can actually do it.

If you have the balls to do it, post your experience with the phone company in this thread.

Its time to fix all these fuckers.

B O B
02-11-2008, 12:13 PM
what is it exactly?

Evil Chris
02-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Chris and I came up with this idea last Thursday night.

Basically, every phone company adds a charge to your phone bill for "touch tone service". The idea is to go old school with your phones and use a pulse dialing phone and ask them to not charge you for touch tone services.

We're betting that they can't even remove the service itself, but they MUST remove the charge if asked to do so. :)

GoodChris
02-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Chris and I came up with this idea last Thursday night.

Basically, every phone company adds a charge to your phone bill for "touch tone service". The idea is to go old school with your phones and use a pulse dialing phone and ask them to not charge you for touch tone services.

We're betting that they can't even remove the service itself, but they MUST remove the charge if asked to do so. :)

I'm ready to call when you are bro.... my new high tech DECT 6 phones actually have the "pulse" option funny enough...

B O B
02-11-2008, 01:39 PM
man i must be retarded
what is touch tone service...

GoodChris
02-11-2008, 02:22 PM
man i must be retarded
what is touch tone service...

You see....thats our whole point.... Why the hell do WE (Cdn Bell Customers) have to pay for a service that is moot.

Obviously you don't even get charged for it where you are...

Funbrunette
02-11-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm calling RIGHT NOW....Story to come...

Stay tuned....

Funbrunette
02-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm told it's an "excess fee" WTF does that mean?!? I asked her and she couldn't even tell me! It's actually almost $8/month god I wish I could of recorded the call...poor girl was all over the place...lol :laughout: I guess it costs about $100/year just to "maintain" your cell phone line...Per user! lucrative business!

GoodChris
02-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I just checked my Bell bill. Under monthly services it is clearly marked:

$2.80 Touch-Tone Service

Panky
02-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Why not just use VOIP and eliminate the misc ridiculous fees?

GoodChris
02-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Why not just use VOIP and eliminate the misc ridiculous fees?

That would be no fun ;)

Panky
02-11-2008, 07:39 PM
That would be no fun ;)

lol! You know you are bored when...

Trying to save $2.80 on your Bell bill is "fun".
:nyanya:

For a moment there... I did forget what you two are like when these types of discussions take place. Even worse is, you got FB all wound up calling about her cell plan. Bad, bad boys... I'll just back out and let you guys be... :D

Funbrunette
02-11-2008, 08:02 PM
For a moment there... I did forget what you two are like when these types of discussions take place. Even worse is, you got FB all wound up calling about her cell plan. Bad, bad boys... I'll just back out and let you guys be... :D

I'm glad someone knows what I go through with my two beloved Chris's :gdev: Speaking of that when are you all coming over for some beer and Funbrunette cooking? were due...

Panky
02-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm easy. Everyone else can figure out what works for them and then tell me what day and time I'm supposed to show up and I'll be there.

Panky
02-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh another thing... We can just go find something to do. The guys will be occupied "debating" for quite some time, so we won't be missed.

born2blog
02-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I use VOIP and luckily don't have to deal with companies like Bell anymore!!

Funbrunette
02-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh another thing... We can just go find something to do. The guys will be occupied "debating" for quite some time, so we won't be missed.

Now you're talking...It's been a while since our last crazy little outing in Montreal (nothing like getting lost in my own city) I'm still hoping to get GPS installed in my next vehicle...lol :laughout: Then again it wouldn't be the same if we didn't get lost and experience Montreal's true culture! :relief: (I knew this smiley would come in handy one day!!!)

GoodChris
02-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Whoooooa! Did Somebody mention beer and FB Eats? I'm in.

I'll chip in for the beer too as soon as I get my credit from Bell!

Funbrunette
02-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Whoooooa! Did Somebody mention beer and FB Eats? I'm in.

Yeah I'm going to turn my pad into a hooters bar (pardon, family restaurant) for an evening soon :laughout: It's been a while since you've visited La Casa Funbrunette. Details to come very soon. :glugglug:

Panky
02-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Now you're talking...It's been a while since our last crazy little outing in Montreal (nothing like getting lost in my own city) I'm still hoping to get GPS installed in my next vehicle...lol :laughout: Then again it wouldn't be the same if we didn't get lost and experience Montreal's true culture! :relief: (I knew this smiley would come in handy one day!!!)

lol! I never forgot that either. Guys have it so easy sometimes. The world is their urinal. lol!

Yeah... we'll figure something out. The guys will be easy. Just feed them and then turn on the video games or a hockey game and they'll be occupied for hours. ;) It's best not to be around when those 3 get on a roll with their debating.

Panky
02-11-2008, 09:50 PM

LOL! Now that would be interesting. :D

GoodChris
02-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Fuck that... let those two have fun with video games while I schmooze you ladies. Don't forget, I'm buying (Once I get my credit from Bell)

GoodChris
02-11-2008, 10:55 PM
lol! I never forgot that either. Guys have it so easy sometimes. The world is their urinal. lol!

You think it fun for us? You try having to live with the curse of being able to write your name in the snow with your own pee..... it's really not all that glamorous. Especially when you mis-spell it and then have to hear about it for the rest of your life... It's very complicated stuff, especially when you do the final shake... if you do it wrong you can accidentally put accents on letters where they should not be....

Evil Chris
02-11-2008, 11:01 PM
I use VOIP and luckily don't have to deal with companies like Bell anymore!!Aren't you on their blacklist anyway? ;)

Rania
02-12-2008, 08:31 AM
You think it fun for us? You try having to live with the curse of being able to write your name in the snow with your own pee..... it's really not all that glamorous. Especially when you mis-spell it and then have to hear about it for the rest of your life... It's very complicated stuff, especially when you do the final shake... if you do it wrong you can accidentally put accents on letters where they should not be....

:geez: Wrong on so many levels hahahahahaha!

Crak_JMan
02-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Why not use videotron instead...

GoodChris
02-12-2008, 11:25 PM
I think the point is being missed here....

Crak_JMan
02-13-2008, 09:55 AM
I think the point is being missed here....

Or people just don't have time to spend 20 minutes on hold and then argue with someone for another half hour to save 36 dollars in the year.

I think if you'd do something like an online petition where it takes 30 second to had a signature you'd get better results.

GoodChris
02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Or people just don't have time to spend 20 minutes on hold and then argue with someone for another half hour to save 36 dollars in the year.

I think if you'd do something like an online petition where it takes 30 second to had a signature you'd get better results.

Ya you may have a point, but you have to agree that it can be fun to mess with Customer service reps once in a whlie.

Just ask Evil about the parking attendant...... Its just out of boredom!

So whichever VOIP co offers me 1 meelion dollars to lead this anti Touch-Tone charge, I'm in.

Crak_JMan
02-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Ya you may have a point, but you have to agree that it can be fun to mess with Customer service reps once in a whlie.

Just ask Evil about the parking attendant...... Its just out of boredom!

So whichever VOIP co offers me 1 meelion dollars to lead this anti Touch-Tone charge, I'm in.

Good luck on your Quest my friend ;-)

With that said, I'm a strong believer in Karma and although I use to love messing around with people I quickly realize that unless I talk to the big man, boss, the guy who gives the paycheck to the customer service rep or parking attendant then I'm only waisting their time and mine and making this person who's doing their jobs life more miserable for the next 20 minutes. Is it worth it... Call me boring but I think it's not :)