PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Roy Scheider

Funbrunette
02-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Roy Scheider, perhaps best remembered for his role as the police chief in 1975's Jaws, has passed away.

JAWS is probably one of my favorite movies of all time. We all have a fear of swimming because of it. Any one of us can tell a story about how at night, when we get into a pool, the first image in our mind is that there's a giant shark in the water with us. Dum-dum... dum-dum...

"We're going to need a bigger boat"

http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/a-m/jaws/jaws_shot6l.jpg

R.I.P Roy

TheLegacy
02-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I just saw that myself - and I little piece of me died. I loved him even when he played a captain on SeaQuest

http://canflix.com/pictures/Large/43741.jpg

Evil Chris
02-11-2008, 04:11 PM
How sad. He was a great actor.

TheEnforcer
02-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Sad to see him go depite the fact he starred in a movie that scarred me as a kid cause it freaked me out so bad.

Terrence
02-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Jaws was a good movie scared the bejesus out of me as a kid.
:scram:
Terrence

Sad news

TheLegacy
02-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Sad to see him go depite the fact he starred in a movie that scarred me as a kid cause it freaked me out so bad.

No kidding - I was in my mid teens and when I saw that movie I could barely sleep on my water bed - much less use the toilet for a week !!

Panky
02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Jaws was an awesome movie. I never went into the ocean again without thinking of that movie. I saw the movie when I was a young teen and 20 some odd years later, I still think of that movie when I'm enjoying the ocean.

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"

I didn't realize he was 75. Damn. He was a very good actor.

Funbrunette
02-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Jaws was an awesome movie. I never went into the ocean again without thinking of that movie. I saw the movie when I was a young teen and 20 some odd years later, I still think of that movie when I'm enjoying the ocean.

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"

I didn't realize he was 75. Damn. He was a very good actor.

Till this day I won't go in the ocean past my ankles...I was 5 years old when I saw JAWS and I've been obsessed with sharks ever since. Chris got me to go snorkelling in Jamaica and Cuba, but I was so nervous I didn't enjoy it until I was back on the boat....lol :geez:

TheEnforcer
02-11-2008, 09:45 PM
No kidding - I was in my mid teens and when I saw that movie I could barely sleep on my water bed - much less use the toilet for a week !!

I was 6 or 7 years old. Messed me up something fierce.

TheEnforcer
02-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Till this day I won't go in the ocean past my ankles...I was 5 years old when I saw JAWS and I've been obsessed with sharks ever since. Chris got me to go snorkelling in Jamaica and Cuba, but I was so nervous I didn't enjoy it until I was back on the boat....lol :geez:

I haven't stepped so much as a pinky toe in the ocean. :scram:

Panky
02-11-2008, 09:59 PM

I couldn't imagine being a young kid and watching that movie. I was like 10 or something like then when I saw it and it traumatized me enough. The movie never kept me out of the ocean, but the thought was always in the back of my mind. I think it will be one of those movies that will stick with you until death.

Another movie that freaked me out as young teen was the Nightmare on Elm Street with Freddie Kruegar. I had trouble falling asleep for some time after watching that movie. lol!

Rania
02-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Excellent movie I live in cali so everytime I take a dip in the ocean I do think of the infamous shark.

It's news to me that "Brody" passed away.

I also enjoyed the French Connection.

TheEnforcer
02-12-2008, 12:51 PM
I always thought it would be kinda funny to go to a beach in florida or california and set up a eapeker system and pipe the Jaws theme as loud as you can and see how many people get out of the water. :>))

Funbrunette
02-12-2008, 12:57 PM
I always thought it would be kinda funny to go to a beach in florida or california and set up a eapeker system and pipe the Jaws theme as loud as you can and see how many people get out of the water. :>))

Great minds think alike...lol It's a fantasy of mine! :laughout: Glad to know I'm not the only twisted one here!

Here's another classic scene from JAWS!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkZkyQnLwnE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkZkyQnLwnE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

CashFlow
02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Good clip FB I forgot how good this scene was

dyonisus
02-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Sad to hear...
Jaws was one ocean scare for sure...
I to became fascinated with sharks after that, but I am not afraid in the ocean, if one bites be so be it, I hope I am surfing when it happens!

Shane_TDF
02-12-2008, 05:04 PM
I watched it once and had nightmares for weeks. I was sad to read about his passing.