PDA

View Full Version : Oscars SmOscars

TheLegacy
02-25-2008, 03:24 PM
I am still stunned that after watching hours of this award show I can't really find one movie that I remember watching or even caring about. At least past shows you knew a few goodies - but seriously when Bourn wins, that basically is the level of talent out there. Very weird year for movies that honestly weren't awing or blowing me away. And what's with the friggin Disney sing-a-long, didn't even go to see that movie but with all the songs being nominated you would have thought it was "Chicago" or something. Just a lack luster year for Hollywood.

Evil Chris
02-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah it was a non-movie year. That's probably why the Coen's finally got their due. They're a strange pair, but they do put out some good movies overall.

The only one we saw that was anywhere nominated was Michael Clayton, which wasn't too bad but it was a little long winded.

2MuchMark
02-25-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree. Kind of a slow year for movies. Was glad to see the Coen's win. The Oscar show was kind of dull too this year. One COOL thing occured when host John Steward let that girl give her acceptance speech when she was accidently cut off by the orchestra. He called her back after the commercial, and said "Enjoy your moment". That was really nice.

The only movie I was really rooting for was TRANSFORMERS. (Yeah yeah, I know, shut up already). It was nominated for 3 awards (all technical) and lost all 3. Too bad.

What the hell is up with NORBIT winning an OSCAR award? That movie sucked so bad! Yes the makeup was great and thats what it won for, but Rick Baker has been there, done that already. Did he do anything NEW this time? NOOOoooOoo... Surely there were other movies out there more deserving, no?

m

ps: SLOW Business day today. Time for a nap.

Mister E
02-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Hollywood is too busy selling is remakes and Part 3's. Because we are idiots and watch the swill.

Like going to a Leaf's game.

Too bad about Eastern Promises (http://imdb.com/title/tt0765443/) and Shoot 'Em Up (http://imdb.com/title/tt0465602/), 2 great flicks IMO.

Slippery
02-28-2008, 08:52 AM
I watched the Oscars and I thought it was ok this year. The only movie I saw that was nominated for anything was the Bourne Ultimatum and now I hear they are considering a 4th movie.