PDA

View Full Version : Bettman says no drugs in the NHL

Evil Chris
02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
From TSN
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230711

As a historical matter, the many years that NHL players have been tested in international competition, as well as recent testing under our program, suggests that performance-enhancing drugs had never been part of the culture of the NHL and that instances of use by our players have been extremely rare

TheEnforcer
02-27-2008, 03:34 PM
I gotta say that hockey isn't the first sport that coems to mind when I think of performance enhancing drugs.

Ronaldo
02-27-2008, 03:40 PM
It's really impossible to say without firsthand knowledge of both the testing standards and what's on the banned list. What's the banned substance that players use when they get a cold or something? It's a common medicine but on the banned substance list. One player said publicly that it DID give him more energy. So are they testing for that regularly? Too many unknowns to make an educated assessment. I'd hazard to guess that a LOT of players ARE using that, but steroids on the same level as baseball, I highly doubt it.

flashca$hkris
02-27-2008, 03:47 PM
I have some friends in the Ontario Hockey league. They claim many of the players in the OHL use performance enhancing drugs. Why stop once you hit the big show.