PDA

View Full Version : This storm!

Evil Chris
03-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Looks as though the worst is over for most people on the east coast by now. It's still really bad here. The power was out for 2 hours tonight from about 7:30 until 9:30. Makes you realize how dependant we are on electricity.

Anyone else lose power at all tonight? I'm thinking not many. We live on a little island in the suburbs of Montreal, and it doesn't take much for us to get an outage. Mind you we're buried in snow right now. I don't think I have ever seen a winter with this much accumulation.

Virgule3
03-09-2008, 11:08 AM
It was nothing here. Just a little "stormette"... A lot of snow in the driveway though... And for the first time in I don't know how many years, I'm not using the snow removal ervice! LOL!!!

Oh well!

Sophie.

Vid Vicious
03-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Damn dude .. crazy ass snow ..

We didn't lose any power in the city ... but the amount of snow on the ground is unreal . I needed to pick up some supplies at the grocery store, which is walk distance from my place .. I couldn't believe how deep the snow was and how strong the wind was blowning ... Today will be spent digging out the cars I'm sure

Casa Nova
03-09-2008, 01:02 PM
It wasn't so bad here, but still put a good chunk of snow on the ground. It's time to go out now and shovel.

Virgule3
03-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Man!

Everything is cancelled, delayed, etc... But here, we had just a little snow, nothing really bad.

Oh well!

Sophie.

Panky
03-10-2008, 10:39 AM
We didn't have any power outages. We're all dug out. Thank God it is March and we don't have too much longer to go before we will all be complaining about it being hot and muggy outside.

Magnus3x
03-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Between the storm and then high winds with the drifting.. I ended up with abotu 5-6ft of snow in my front and back yard in some patches. Only about 3ft in my driveway and in front of my garage.

I'll show you all my shiney new snowblower that I'm buying when winter ends! Just so I'm prepped for next year.

Stinger
03-10-2008, 11:23 AM
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEED UP !

I am ;)

Vid Vicious
03-10-2008, 11:48 AM
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEED UP !

I am ;)

Tell me about it . I was only able to dig out, one out of two cars ... Damn!

To top it all off .. the %$#% tractor hooked my bumper!

Rochard
03-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I still can't figure out why anyone lives where it snows.....