PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero

Evil Chris
04-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Anyone play Guitar Hero or Rock Band?
I was introduced to it recently and I think it's awesome! I play some bad ass rock on medium levels right now. I'm trying to teach myself how to use that fifth button.

Right now I like playing Even Flow and Bulls on Parade. :worthy:

So where are the Guitar Heros???

Visualad
04-15-2008, 07:16 AM
So its "Rockstar Chris" now and not "Evil Chris"?

Virgule3
04-15-2008, 09:28 AM
I wanna start Dance Dance Revolution. It's a great work out! I don't have any video game console though... :(

Sophie.

Magnus3x
04-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Yes.. we are all fully addicted we even have it in the office.

At home I play on Hard about 3/4 way through, easy and medium took me 2 days to finish.
Tiger woods 08 has taken over a bit but I still rock out with the cock out on the ol GH 3. I need to get rock Band next.

Evil Chris
04-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Yes.. we are all fully addicted we even have it in the office.

At home I play on Hard about 3/4 way through, easy and medium took me 2 days to finish.
Tiger woods 08 has taken over a bit but I still rock out with the cock out on the ol GH 3. I need to get rock Band next.You guys have an interesting office I must say... :)

I had been playing Tiger 08 for awhile but I don't like it as much as some of the previous versions. With that game, I find that it's good one year and poor the next.

LAJ
04-15-2008, 10:49 AM
I remember when I was right where you are at now Chris!

I played GH for the very first time at Internext 3 months ago and was immediately hooked. I put it off for a long time because I knew it would be addictive. Well a month later I gave in and bought GH 2 for my PS 2.

Given that I studied music theory for years, am way into many kinds of music, and I play guitar (poorly)... it gave me an edge. I was familar with many of the songs on GH2 henceforth why I got that one.

Well, within a week I had all the songs mastered on the easy level. By early March I had everything at 5 stars on Medium. Getting the orange button and sliding keys was a difficult step. I'm still working at hammer ons and pull offs since that is my weakest, and forget about tapping... just can't do it... yet.

Bottom line is... now i'm at the point where I can 4 star more than 1/2 the songs on hard and am about 1/2 way thru the songs on expert. My favorite one to play is Hangar 18 by Megadeth.

Stephane76
04-15-2008, 10:52 AM
I love that game, played it over my gf s family at thanksGiving, it s easy to get hooked to it.
Might actually just get it for me.
Will save me money on clubs and bars

SykkBoy
04-15-2008, 12:42 PM
not only am I a Guitar Hero addict (though I've slowed the4 addiction down the last couple months), my son, two nephews and myself all have our own guitar and we even dress up to rock out...silly and stupid, but just a shitload of fun...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9ao_vOsZkg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9ao_vOsZkg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
but this show off motherfucker....

;-)

Evil Chris
04-15-2008, 02:10 PM
I shouldn't have watched that video. I thought I was getting good at Guitar Hero, but I can see I have a long way to go! :)

Whatever... it's a lot of fun.

B O B
04-15-2008, 02:42 PM
guitar hero is GREAT when you have kids...funny stuff!

TheLegacy
04-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Im hoping for the Rock Band for Wii to come out shortly

Rochard
04-16-2008, 12:12 AM
I played it at Spannow's house..... I can see how people get hooked on it.

Belinda
04-16-2008, 07:09 AM
I played it at Spannow's house..... I can see how people get hooked on it.

Actually we brought it over to your house first I believe then we played it at ours. You and your Cherry Pie! You did great for it being your first time.

StaceyJo
04-16-2008, 10:28 AM
I just know a little bit to play, but not that band thing...

Evil Chris
04-16-2008, 11:28 AM
I downloaded some new songs today for it. Foo Fighters, Boston, Foreigner, Velvet Revolver, Journey etc etc..
That's one thing I like about this game on PS3... you can download ($$) song updates.

Can this be done for other consoles like Wii and XBox?

Casa Nova
04-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I downloaded some new songs today for it. Foo Fighters, Boston, Foreigner, Velvet Revolver, Journey etc etc..
That's one thing I like about this game on PS3... you can download ($$) song updates.

Can this be done for other consoles like Wii and XBox?

yeh on 360 you can update the songs and buy new packages..

I got rock band for 360 at my place, it definitely is wicked for parties to have a whole band playing.

Way3
04-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Im hoping for the Rock Band for Wii to come out shortly
I didn't know that Wii was getting Rock Band! I'll have to keep an eye out for it! Any idea on when it is coming out?

Sticky Dana
04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
I wanna start Dance Dance Revolution. It's a great work out! I don't have any video game console though... :(

Sophie.

I love DDR lol. Yea it is a great workout and a fun way to do it. I kind of want to try Guitar Hero, but right now I'm DDRing it :):heart:

Magnus3x
04-16-2008, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=Evil Chris;142697]You guys have an interesting office I must say... :)

QUOTE]

We work hard and like to have fun and keep things lite on occasion, most of the GH is played in the boardroom at lunch. We have a nice 42" LCD in there perfect for watching Golf tourneys that start Thursday afternoons, like the Masters and the upcoming TPC @ Sawgrass.

Crak_JMan
04-16-2008, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=Evil Chris;142697]You guys have an interesting office I must say... :)

QUOTE]

We work hard and like to have fun and keep things lite on occasion, most of the GH is played in the boardroom at lunch. We have a nice 42" LCD in there perfect for watching Golf tourneys that start Thursday afternoons, like the Masters and the upcoming TPC @ Sawgrass.

Yes Magnus, you guys have a kickass office, any job opening soon? ;-)

Magnus3x
04-16-2008, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=Magnus3x;142775]

Yes Magnus, you guys have a kickass office, any job opening soon? ;-)
Come on down bro.. we can fit you in somewhere :)

2MuchMark
04-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

If you have never played, Guitar Hero is a strangely addictive game. Its very fun, and it somehow makes you feel pretty cool even if you can't play real guitar.

A couple of months ago we decided to do a Guitar Hero: LIVE night at LiveCamNetwork.com. We made this banner:

http://www.livecamnetwork.com/banners/guitarhero-livecamnetwork-banner1.jpg

Just to see what kind of interest we would attract, and it was surprising. Lots of people were asking how they could hook up and play or watch the LCN girls live.

http://www.livecamnetwork.com/bbs-pictures/guitarhero/35.jpg

So we took a part one of our studios and turned it into a Guitar Hero room. We hooked up a big LCD Screen so the girls could see the video chat, and then a project screen for the girls to see the game.

(Sorry, this picture is a little dark)
http://www.livecamnetwork.com/bbs-pictures/guitarhero/1.jpg

We made the night FREE for all visitors to the site, but made money by letting the customers by Shooters for the girls. The shooters were tequila, but in keeping with the Rock N Roll theme of the night, we calle them Heroin Shooters.

We used 2 computers, 1 Xboz, 2 Wireless Guitars, a sound mixer, a lighting mixer, and a freakin' loud sound system. (Fortunately we had all of this in stock so we didn't actually have to go out and buy anything).

We setup 2 stationary cameras, 2 roaming cameras (one was used mostly for low shots pointing up), and mixed them all together with a video mixer. We even had "stage lighting".

It was our first experiment broadcasting in Surround sound. Most everyone heard really good stereo sound, but some people who had sound boxes such as the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! with 4 or 5 speakers heard sound from all channels. The video was 30fps in wide screen, and looked great.

All in all the girls had a great time, and we sold about $2200 work of shooters in about 3 hours.

It was a big setup that I am in no hurry to repeat. The actual value of the night was made by giving the girls something new to do besides just chat. The customers really seemed to like it and there was lots of activity on our bbs for days afterwards. I'm in no hurry to do all that work again as I mentioned, but they definately want to do it again...

Guitar Hero Rawks!

Evil Chris
04-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Mark that's awesome. I remember that promo you did!
Playing tandem on the huge screen is very cool!

Casa Nova
04-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Thats fucking wicked mark! The next one you do should be Rock Band, Now that's a bad ass game! Nothing like a hot naked drummer haha

2MuchMark
04-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Chris:
Yes, it was lots of fun... the only thing that really sucked about it was the clean-up the next day. And we didn't get that studio put back together properly for a LONG time...

Casa: I know! Thats what everyone keeps telling me. I've never played Rock band but I hear good things about it. Does Rockband come complete with all of the controllers you need, or do you buy it in parts? And do you know if you can download additional songs for it as you can with GH?

Mark

Slippery
04-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Chris my nephews play guitar heros with their friends and omg it is cool to watch them play because they are becoming so good at it and they really have a lot of fun too. They tried to get me to try it but so far I have just watched them play.

Evil Chris
04-17-2008, 10:51 AM
I am starting to realize that some songs are worth playing/practicing much more than others. I play some songs like 6 times in a row and can see that my skills really improve fast.

Finally finished the medium level and have done a couple of songs on HARD. But it will take me awhile to get through that.

June will see the release of Guitar Hero Aerosmith (http://www.guitarherogame.com/ghaerosmith/).

Cyndalie
04-17-2008, 11:02 AM
I've only seen it played, but I have not played it. It looks like so much fun, I used to play bass too so I may be good at it. I just bought GH for my nephew when I was in florida. He is 11, he was thrilled!

Evil Chris
04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh I just read that a downloadable Def Leppard pack of 3 songs is coming on April 24th. Coooool. hahaha....

I'm becoming a GH Geek!

Stinger
04-17-2008, 01:27 PM
OK NEXT TIME I HAVE TO BE THERE !!!!!!! NO MATTER WHAT !

Hi Everyone,

If you have never played, Guitar Hero is a strangely addictive game. Its very fun, and it somehow makes you feel pretty cool even if you can't play real guitar.

A couple of months ago we decided to do a Guitar Hero: LIVE night at LiveCamNetwork.com. We made this banner:

http://www.livecamnetwork.com/banners/guitarhero-livecamnetwork-banner1.jpg

Just to see what kind of interest we would attract, and it was surprising. Lots of people were asking how they could hook up and play or watch the LCN girls live.

http://www.livecamnetwork.com/bbs-pictures/guitarhero/35.jpg

So we took a part one of our studios and turned it into a Guitar Hero room. We hooked up a big LCD Screen so the girls could see the video chat, and then a project screen for the girls to see the game.

(Sorry, this picture is a little dark)
http://www.livecamnetwork.com/bbs-pictures/guitarhero/1.jpg

We made the night FREE for all visitors to the site, but made money by letting the customers by Shooters for the girls. The shooters were tequila, but in keeping with the Rock N Roll theme of the night, we calle them Heroin Shooters.

We used 2 computers, 1 Xboz, 2 Wireless Guitars, a sound mixer, a lighting mixer, and a freakin' loud sound system. (Fortunately we had all of this in stock so we didn't actually have to go out and buy anything).

We setup 2 stationary cameras, 2 roaming cameras (one was used mostly for low shots pointing up), and mixed them all together with a video mixer. We even had "stage lighting".

It was our first experiment broadcasting in Surround sound. Most everyone heard really good stereo sound, but some people who had sound boxes such as the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! with 4 or 5 speakers heard sound from all channels. The video was 30fps in wide screen, and looked great.

All in all the girls had a great time, and we sold about $2200 work of shooters in about 3 hours.

It was a big setup that I am in no hurry to repeat. The actual value of the night was made by giving the girls something new to do besides just chat. The customers really seemed to like it and there was lots of activity on our bbs for days afterwards. I'm in no hurry to do all that work again as I mentioned, but they definately want to do it again...

Guitar Hero Rawks!

Stinger
04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
And Yessssssss ADDDDDDDDDICTIVE Waisting lot's of hours .... I got the WII with 2 Giuts ... Sooo cooool and the kids.. it's nice for them to discover something else then Brtiney, and all that crappy music.... ;)

My fav : When you where Young Killers and Knight of Cydonia Muse.

2MuchMark
04-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Guitar hero is lots of fun... but the other night I saw South Park that featured, guess what? Guitar Hero. In it, Stan Marsh's 40-something father (I forget his name) gets up one night, goes to the TV in his underwear and tries to play, fails. I laugh, and then I realize that I'm watching myself.

Now I'm all depressed.

m

Casa Nova
04-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Casa: I know! Thats what everyone keeps telling me. I've never played Rock band but I hear good things about it. Does Rockband come complete with all of the controllers you need, or do you buy it in parts? And do you know if you can download additional songs for it as you can with GH?

Mark

You can buy the whole set together that comes with 1 guitar, 1 drumkit and a mic. Then you can purchase an additional guitar so you can have a guitar player and a bass player. You can download tons of extra songs and stuff. I downloaded a whole bunch the other day, stone temple pilots, GNR, literally tons of different songs. Even some Ozzy Osbourne!

Platinum Chris
04-18-2008, 03:58 PM
I've only played GH in the stores, embarresing myself at how bad I am at it. Definitely a great game. Just haven't decided whether to grab it for the PS3 or 360. The PS has a bit of an advantage since it has GH1 available. 360 only started at GH2 when Sony lost the exclusivity of it.

Rock Band uped the ante by providing a drum kit. (fuck the microphone). Both are great games to play with friends and compete.
Rock Band has weekly song downloads as well, whereas GH has been releasing them in packages. I think overall, Rock Band did a much better job and edged out GH 3.

If you get RockBand, get the full package.... you'll save money ;)

Evil Chris
04-19-2008, 11:52 AM
We played GH last night for several hours. It was great. :)