PDA

View Full Version : Any one else downtown for the game last night?

Kenny B
04-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Oh my god, the city erupted last night after the game as if we won the cup. The sea of people leaving the Bell Center was nuts but nothing compared to when the people from the game met up with the people pouring out of the bars.

I don't know why anyone even tried to drive down St. Catherine st. but some idiots tried and got stuck in a sea of people. I was happy to see people weren't breaking things and jumping on cars. I'm sure there were some incidents but all and all it was a crazy fun celebration. I can't even imagine what it will be like when we do win the cup!

GO HABS GO!

Magnus3x
04-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah we won now lets burn cop cars?? the Youtube videos seem to paint a bigger picutre of disctruction.

I hope they whip out the riot gear for the next series and start teaching some much needed lessons.

Kenny B
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
yeah I saw that after I posted, I don't know why people do such stupid things. I hope many of those idiots got arrested. I had left the downtown core by the time this stupidity happened and glad I did.

Magnus3x
04-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Vancouver fans do this as well.. I never understood it. Drunk and nude sure LOL.. but burning a looting no fun.

Evil Chris
04-22-2008, 12:52 PM
There are a lot of people today sickened by what the throng did last night downtown after the game. There were just as many people OUTSIDE the Bell Centre as INSIDE at the game. You can believe that the police presence will be a lot higher and more visible from here on out.

Doug of Montreal
04-23-2008, 10:31 AM
People hooting and hollering till 2am... makes it hard to sleep! Grrrr! I can't wait till hockey season is over. I thought I could come here and escape the insanity that encompasses hockey fans in Toronto. Man, was I wrong!

Panky
04-24-2008, 12:42 AM
People hooting and hollering till 2am... makes it hard to sleep! Grrrr! I can't wait till hockey season is over. I thought I could come here and escape the insanity that encompasses hockey fans in Toronto. Man, was I wrong!

LOL! Quit your bitching you grouchy old man!

http://livinonaprayer.superforos.com/images/smiles/nana.gif

Magnus3x
04-24-2008, 10:18 AM
LOL! Quit your bitching you grouchy old man!

http://livinonaprayer.superforos.com/images/smiles/nana.gif

He is from Orangeville.. they still use the words "hooting and hollering", you can take the boy out of Oville.. but never Oville out of the boy.

Crak_JMan
04-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Apparently cops are getting tons of home made videos and seizing news tapes as well that can clearly identify some of the rioters.

I honestly hope cops get serious for next round if we win. Also the Montreal Canadian should clearly send a message to their fans about this behavior.

This shit as to stop. Hell If the open a special civilian task force authorizing us to club some of these idiots tell me where to sign up ;-)))

Kenny B
04-24-2008, 01:23 PM
People hooting and hollering till 2am... makes it hard to sleep! Grrrr!

Hard to sleep, aren't on the 28th floor or penthouse, unless the birds were also cheering