PDA

View Full Version : Any Half Life 2 fans round here?

Greg B
04-23-2008, 12:33 AM
I keep playing this video game. I'm still learning to make skins and mods for it. Ever get hooked on a game?

Panky
04-23-2008, 03:48 AM
Years ago, I used to be majorly hooked on Quake3 Arena. I won't buy a Wii, XBox, and the likes. I know I'd become hooked on a game or two and would have to seriously fight the temptation to play every waking moment.

Doug of Montreal
04-23-2008, 10:29 AM
HalfLife was my first online addiction... I miss it! I think my favorite board was "Rats." These days I don't play at all, except maybe once a year when I'll boot up Everquest and head out adventuring with an old friend.

Greg B
04-23-2008, 12:55 PM
HalfLife was my first online addiction... I miss it! I think my favorite board was "Rats." These days I don't play at all, except maybe once a year when I'll boot up Everquest and head out adventuring with an old friend.

Dude! Half Life 2 ROCKS! The graphics are so realistic it's scary. The game can be modified so other people can make up their own scenarios and puzzles and monsters. There are so many modifications it would take a couple of years to play them all if you did it 24/7. This game is the best entertainment value. The developer/modding community keeps growing and growing. I do voiceovers for some games. I think a guy could make a career out of this stuff.

Please tell me you've played Half Life 2!

Doug of Montreal
04-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Please tell me you've played Half Life 2!

You do VO work? Fantastic! Where are you out of?

No, I haven't played... and by the sounds of it, I don't want to! I like having a FULL life, and playing that game will certainly keep half. Willfully ignorant, i think is what I'm going for ;)

Greg B
04-23-2008, 05:06 PM
ROFL! I can only play a few minutes of the game at a time. They have a version called Garry's Mod that lets you design your own Half Life games. So every day I do a little bit so I end up making my own Half Life game and when I'm done I'll upload it so others can play. It's a great way to learn all the ins and outs of developing your own computer games! Once you prove yourself companies pay you top dollar to join their developement teams.

MediaGuy
04-24-2008, 10:12 PM
My first online addiction was Dark Angel (a 2-D PC cop investigation game, pretty good) or Castle Wolfenstein.

I spent 24hours on one of those games or DOOM at one point and realized how pointless and WASTEFUL it was so I stopped (except for a short sharp trip through Zelda: The Ocarina of Time) and have stopped playing those things...

I swear, it's like hearing testimony from a H-junkie.

Way3
04-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Doom 2 had me for a while! No more game addiction for me! Although, we do have some fun playing the Wii! But it's not something we have to do! :laughout:

MediaGuy
04-24-2008, 11:24 PM
nuhuh... Brrr.

Doug of Montreal
04-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Doom... another good one... to have put to rest ;)

Panky
04-25-2008, 03:32 PM
I was hooked on Doom for awhile, but my Quake addiction took over.