PDA

View Full Version : help please

baddog
09-17-2002, 02:28 AM
Here is the scenario. My son is away at college, 350 miles from his g/f. He is trying to figure out a way that he can scan some photos and then add them to a mix of MP3s, which he can then save as a file to burn onto a CD to send to her.

I am sure there must be a way he can do this without investing more than a little time, but I could be wrong.

Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks in advance

fish
09-17-2002, 09:32 AM
can't he just zip it then burn it?:)

RMS
09-17-2002, 09:55 AM
Is it supposed to be a multimedia style presentation?

Or are you asking how can he scan the photos?

Or add the Mp3's?

If you have the mp3's and the photos all ready, make them a powerpoint presentation, if you have that.

If you are looking to have the photos scanned... he could put up a memo on the dorm bulletin board to see if anyone has a scanner. Odds are some parent somewhere fell for the line that their kid had to have one on their computer.

If not, go to the local film processing place, they'll do it for you and put them on disk. I had about 3 rolls of pics put on disk for $15 last christmas.

Hope that helps.

Evil Chris
09-17-2002, 10:19 AM
Baddog... I assume he has a PC in his room at college...
You know, flatbed scanners are really inexpensive now... he could buy one of those.
Or... he could get one of those nifty negative scanners. Those are cool for scanning really old pictures that you maybe only have the negative for.

baddog
09-17-2002, 01:34 PM
the scanning of the pics - no problem
the MP3s - no problem
the burning of the files onto a CD - no problem

The problem was a way of mixing the MP3s with a slideshow presentation of the pics

Right now we are leaning towards a Powerpoint slideshow, because he has that too, however, I am trying to find a way so that she can listen to the CD in her car, and be able to listen and watch with her DVD player or PC

Evil Chris
09-18-2002, 12:57 PM
eeek.. ya lost me.... LOL