PDA

View Full Version : Fragrances

Evil Chris
05-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Firstly let me say that I think most perfumes smell horrible and I can't stand them. Literally 95% of them smell bad (in my opinion).

But my question is what the heck is up with every Tom Dick and Sally having their own personal "fragrance" nowadays? I was in Sears the other day and I noticed a new perfume out from Gwen Stefani. Gwen Stefani? Someone please enlighten me how she has the nerve to release her own line of perfume. It's bad enough that Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears, etc... have them. Is it an ego thing?

I can understand someone like Elizabeth Taylor with her own line of stinky spray. I mean, she has the track record and life experience.

Casa Nova
05-12-2008, 01:13 PM
It's all about branding and capitalizing on there name. Hey if I was famous I'd make my own perfume too lol

Evil Chris
05-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I'd make my own baseball bat. To smash all the bottles of perfume. :)

Bunni 1
05-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Gwen, Jennifer design clothes, shoes and bags so perfume is not out of the question but Britney, Celine and Paris I just don't get them selling anything.

Casa Nova
05-12-2008, 02:49 PM

lmfao What ever happened to moral support :laughout:

I personally think Eau de Casanova would smell quite delectable :bless:

carol.prime
05-12-2008, 04:49 PM
That's another thing of marketing.. The famous names you had the more sales..imho.

Funbrunette
05-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Chris I wear perfume 365 days a year and I think you've only complained once. Granted I don't marinate in it, but i won't leave home without it.

With me it's the opposite I love smelling a nice cologne on a man....Grrrrrrrrr! :worthy:

StaceyJo
05-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah its just bout fame, they are just using her name, thats all!

Way3
05-13-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm not a big perfume fan either! :viking:

Celebs with their own perfume....it's ALL about marketing!

SykkBoy
05-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I have really bad allergies around strong fragrances and can't even walk through a perfume section of a department store...getting on an elevator with someone who has a little too much perfume on feels like a death sentence...

Xrated J
05-16-2008, 02:53 PM
i only wear one kind, tommy bahama. has to be the clear though, the others are too strong.

http://www.perfumeland.com/very_cool-cologne.jpg

Doug of Montreal
05-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Firstly let me say that I think most perfumes smell horrible and I can't stand them. Literally 95% of them smell bad (in my opinion).

I agree! Well, mostly :) I think 50% of them smell bad while the other 50% smell the same...

But that baseball bat idea sounds solid, until you realize the stench of crushing all those bottles. But that would be a big 10 for fun factor!

GTP Dave
05-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh man.... I guess promoting my latest fragrance here is not gonna fly...
WebMaster Sweat --- When It Smells Strong You Know The We Work

2MuchMark
05-18-2008, 07:28 PM
I just know you all want to smell like me. With that in mind, I proudly present: "Sweat de Garcon".

Available at Wallmart..
... and Canadian Tire...

sigh..

m

sexyvanessa
05-19-2008, 10:22 PM
dont you guys think that alot of them smell like toilet spray ? :confused:
I'd use them to cover up smells in the bog and thats about it

Crak_JMan
05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
LMAO this reminds me of a situation I remember quit well when I was pretty young and my parents took me to midnight xmas mass.

I was making a big fuss and couldn't stand still. My mom quietly asked me what was the problem and I bursted out loud saying "All the granny perfume smells mixed together made my tummy feel sick" Well lots of laughter came from around us, mostly the men and my mom told me to just dress up and go play in the parking lot with other kids until mass was done. So we had a snowball fight in the cemetery.

God I miss being a kid again ;-)

Evil Chris
05-20-2008, 12:33 PM
hehe... great story J! I can easily see a youngster coming out with something like that.

I do wear cologne occasionally and mostly for FB. But never very much. Only just enough that she can detect it if she's very close to me. :)

Visualad
05-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I cant comment on the celebīs fragrances.. Never tried those.

But I love smelling good, and I love it when a woman wears something nice aswell. I probably have 20 + diffirent fragrances for men and they all suit me as a person, my personality.

If I want a more romantic/SeXy tiMe feeling, I have a few that fits. If I want that fresh, lighter feeling I go for a fragrance that gives me that. Theres a fragrance for every mood Im in or any event im going to.

The key is to find the fragrance that suits your personality and who you are. You cant just grab something from the shelf.. Try them all out, and feel which one is "you".

Dont you bitch on fragrances chris!!! ;-)

Sticky Dana
05-21-2008, 12:06 AM
It's just another way of making some $$$ for them. Brilliant actually, but I wouldn't wear half of that stuff.