PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vegas Pro 8 - Who Uses It?

TheLegacy
05-21-2008, 11:21 AM
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/images/bnr/vegas8.jpg

Professional HD video editing, audio editing, and DVD authoring software
The Vegas Pro collection combines Vegas Pro 8, DVD Architect Pro 4.5, and Dolby® Digital AC-3 encoding software to offer an integrated environment for all phases of professional video, audio, DVD, and broadcast production. These tools let you edit and process DV, AVCHD, HDV, SD/HD-SDI, and all XDCAM™ formats in real time, fine-tune audio with precision, and author surround sound, dual-layer DVDs.

--

Was wondering who uses this - and what your feelings are on it? If you have a copy - hit me up please

Visualad
05-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I use it. I had to switch from Premiere to Vegas after a hdd crash . I think its great. Especially Pro 8. I think its definitively easier to use than premiere, while results are great.

and its almost 200 bucks cheaper than premiere.. which is a bonus. ;-)

Evil Chris
05-21-2008, 04:06 PM
I haven't used a video editor in years but I hear good things about that one.

Doug of Montreal
05-22-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm still using 7... but I guess there's something new I can look into ;) Let me know how it goes, Robert, if you get it!

Doug of Montreal
05-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Just Dloaded and installed 8... first attempts at opening previous projects have not been going well... grumble, grumble. We'll see how this plays out over the next week.

TheLegacy
05-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Just Dloaded and installed 8... first attempts at opening previous projects have not been going well... grumble, grumble. We'll see how this plays out over the next week.

Shedevil downloaded it mostly for our home movies we took of Mackenzie. WE bought a high def camera from sony and they didnt include the software to work with a vista 64 bit. She downloaded this version of 8 and it worked fine, problem is now that the trial is run out - we cant do a thing

Doug of Montreal
05-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Shedevil downloaded it mostly for our home movies we took of Mackenzie. WE bought a high def camera from sony and they didnt include the software to work with a vista 64 bit. She downloaded this version of 8 and it worked fine, problem is now that the trial is run out - we cant do a thing

What cam did you end up getting??

And that sucks about the trial. I downloaded the "trial free" version. It should continue to work for the foreseeable future. ;)

TheLegacy
05-27-2008, 10:19 AM
What cam did you end up getting??

And that sucks about the trial. I downloaded the "trial free" version. It should continue to work for the foreseeable future. ;)

We got a Sony HD avchd 6.1 mega pixels HRD -SR7 Hard Disk Drive