PDA

View Full Version : So Now Its Obama

TheLegacy
06-04-2008, 02:26 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/04/obama.wednesday/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama said Wednesday he can unify his party after a hard-fought primary that divided Democrats but helped teach America's children that the Oval Office was within anyone's reach.

Sen. Barack Obama says Wednesday that he is proud to have competed against Clinton.

1 of 2 "I have heard from a number of people already, both black and white, that their kids -- 7, 8, 9 years old -- take for granted now that, of course, a black can run for president, that a woman can run for president," he said. "There is a matter-of-factness to it that I think bodes well for the future."

--

Alot of discussion about him and Hillary on the same ticket- but Republicans are also going with the "no experience" angle. Any thoughts?

dyonisus
06-04-2008, 08:43 PM
The whole race to me was what finally got me off the CNN crack.

I am a canadian w/ an avid interest in US politics. I have debated the Hillary Obama issue over and over again with friends I have made living out here in LA. They all fear tat the US is not ready for a Black preident or a woman... the woman now evident, or logical it is hard to tell, but...

I just hope it is not MCcain - anything but the same old white old boys club

TheLegacy
06-05-2008, 09:48 AM
When would you feel that the USA would be ready for either a black president or female one?

Cyndalie
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I think the US is ready for either, but I hate how having a 'black' or 'female' president tries to equate to 'change' in our government. Obama's campaign is so idealistic it's unrealistic. Hillary is just nuts. McCain is so old he's a puppet and won't change shit. This country is in a dire hopeless situation. IF we pull out of Iraq now, it'll be the worst military move in History. No one knows what they are doing and are so jaded by perception and politics they can't see the truth even if it was presented in bold print on a silver platter, what's really going on, why its happening, and how to make life better from it. Ugh!

TheLegacy
06-06-2008, 12:47 PM
would you rather than 12clicks running the show?