PDA

View Full Version : New Kid Rock album

Kenny B
06-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Just picked it up, well more like downloaded it but not the point. I love his southern rock style, some of the songs took some listening to before I made a decision on them. Over all if you like his music you'll enjoy this album.

The first single released is All Summer Long and is a cool mix of Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama, it kicks ass!

Abernathy SixtySix
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
i don`t mind some of his stuff but not enough to download it or go out and buy the CD

Kenny B
06-17-2008, 12:10 PM
All Summer Long is a great song, it's worth downloading.

Evil Chris
06-17-2008, 02:00 PM
I only have one of his CDs... Devil Without a Cause. The one that most everyone has. I did a bit of reading up on Kid Rock and found it interesting so I'll post a bit of his bio from www.allmusic.com

One of the unlikeliest success stories in rock at the turn of the millennium, Detroit rap-rocker Kid Rock shot to superstardom with his fourth full-length album, 1998's Devil Without a Cause. What made it so shocking was that Rock had recorded his first demo a full decade before, been booted off major label Jive following his Beastie Boys-ish 1990 debut, Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast, and toiled for most of the decade in obscurity, releasing albums to a small, devoted, mostly local fan base while earning his fair share of ridicule around his home state. Nevertheless, Rock persevered, and by the time rap-metal had begun to attract a substantial audience, he had perfected the outlandish, over-the-top white-trash persona that gave Devil Without a Cause such a distinctive personality and made it such an infectious party record.

Funbrunette
06-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Always liked Kid Rock..."Cowboy" has always been a fave of mine! I'll check out the new tracks...Thanks babe! :)

2MuchMark
06-20-2008, 03:54 PM
I never cared for Kid Rock much but I saw him sing "All Summer Long" on the Jimmy Kimmel show recently and was impressed. I started listening to more of his stuff and now I'm hook. "Cowboy" is great, and the x-rated version of the video for that song makes it even better.

Anyone here going to the Heavy-MTL show?

m

B O B
06-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Just picked it up, well more like downloaded it but not the point. I love his southern rock style, some of the songs took some listening to before I made a decision on them. Over all if you like his music you'll enjoy this album.

The first single released is All Summer Long and is a cool mix of Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama, it kicks ass!

heard the song, i hear this album kicks ass

cant wait to get it
wait, i can get it now
iTunes here i come

Kenny B
06-24-2008, 10:33 AM
He also does a song with Ludacris and our favorite pedo R Kelly called Rockstar, it's really good.

B O B
06-24-2008, 12:19 PM
man im so bummed its not on iTunes yet

COMON