PDA

View Full Version : ICQ Summer clean up

Vid Vicious
06-20-2008, 01:13 PM
with the recent issues on ICQ .. it got me thinking .. How many contacts on your ICQ do you figure are no longer active .. and how can we check it before deleting them ..

I'd like to do a clean up but then again .. I've forgotten alot of the usernames that people have kept or changed over the years

MediaGuy
06-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Hit me up! I got Canadian Press looking for you (for real).

And yeah I do have a ton of contacts that I added just for a one-time link exchange or something who I don't even know who they are... and I don't want to delete anyone important (like a client) in case I just forgot their name :P

Plus my list is stuffed - my general category doesn't accept names anymore, I have to create new ones to get around that... I'm a slob.

TheLegacy
06-20-2008, 02:23 PM
YOu didnt get rid of me? Not sure I could handle that :(

Evil Chris
06-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Deleting contacts from your ICQ contact list is problematic in itself.

When I delete one, I delete the history also, and this process tends to use up the majority of my computer resources. I have no idea why it needs so much. It would take a couple hours for me to individually remove users from my list.

The other problem is that they sometimes magically re-appear the next time you start your ICQ. Maybe the best solution is to get a new account altogether.

Vid Vicious
06-21-2008, 12:24 PM
i wouldn't want a new account . But to re organise by catagorie . as in Adult, Adult Freinds, Content buyers, Free loaders..etc

that might help the clean up a bit .. I'm sure there are a bunch form our WRP days that aren't even in the bizz no more

Vid Vicious
06-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Hit me up! I got Canadian Press looking for you (for real).

And yeah I do have a ton of contacts that I added just for a one-time link exchange or something who I don't even know who they are... and I don't want to delete anyone important (like a client) in case I just forgot their name :P

Plus my list is stuffed - my general category doesn't accept names anymore, I have to create new ones to get around that... I'm a slob.

call me . For soem reason I can't find your number

Stephane76
06-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Keep me keep me

Magnus3x
06-23-2008, 10:15 AM
I clean as I go, keep the core group in 1 folder.. and new adds in another folder.

Evil Chris
06-23-2008, 11:20 AM
ICQ has folders? ;)

Seriously my contacts are all over the place in about a dozen folders that aren't organized whatsoever. It would take me probably more than a day to completely clean up and organize my ICQ contact list(s).

Vid Vicious
06-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Umm yeah I totally agree with EC ... it would take at least a day to organise

Magnus3x
06-24-2008, 12:00 PM
That is why I do them when I go along.. so I dont run into that BS.

dyonisus
06-24-2008, 12:13 PM
clean as I go...
and why do they reappear after you delete, that always kills me!