PDA

View Full Version : I was never a disco fan but...

MediaGuy
06-21-2008, 09:37 PM
20 and 30 years later, you realize it's actually good stuff.

The BeeGees were espcially good.

This french chick Tina Arena or something did a remake of "Nightfever" that rocks!

Well ok not "rocks" but it "discoes" dammit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCF_Yv_cEpo

:D

Evil Chris
06-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Aren't we a little young to have ever really been "into disco"? I mean, in 1975 I was only 10 years old. My parents were listening to mostly soul R&B and some disco for sure.

I like a lot of disco now, but only due to the retro aspect it has now and also just because it brings back childhood memories. :)

Virgule3
06-22-2008, 11:20 AM
I love disco! These women (well, mostly women) could REALLY sing! It's not like half the artists today who rely on digital manipulation of their voice... And the production of the music was full, well done, the instruments were awesome, etc...

Sophie.

2MuchMark
06-22-2008, 03:12 PM
I used to like some disco when I was a kid, but today I really can't stand it. I like some techno (techno is not disco!). 70's disco sounds like crap, crap crap.

Fortunately I evolved into loving Heavy Metal, Rock, Alternative, Techno, Lounge, etc. Even some southern rock, bluegrass and (gasp!) country!

Please note that I did not include Rap/Hip-hop on my Love or Hate lists. The shit that Jerk-offs like 50 Cent spew should not even be considered an art form.

MediaGuy
06-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Ahah well Snoop just put out a country tune with Whitey Ford, Willie Nelson and Brad Paisley (that I can tell from the video) - and it's keeeeewl!

There's good disco and bad disco. Just like there's pop rock and real rock. Real disco is funk-originated (Brick House, Lady Marmalade) or well written (the BeeGees weren't disco until the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever - they were song writers/folk rock performers first).

Basically there's just music - and if it's honest, it's good; Rap and Hip Hop and all that are the same - NWA and Ice-T kicked assed in their "music" or aural creations, if you prefer.

Rossinni was boring, Mozart rocked. The same everywhere.

Cyndalie
06-23-2008, 10:03 AM
God I wasn't even born in 1975!

I heard that Queen Elizabeth got up and boogied to Dancing Queen last weekend :) Cause she's the queen and she likes to dance! Funny old bag.

dyonisus
06-24-2008, 03:12 PM
I was like 8 and I remember loving the BeeGees back then and some hardcore disco, but really I am just a rocker at heart.

I am listening to Boogie Wonderland now by Earth Wind & Fire
"I find romance when I start to dance"

Crak_JMan
06-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Hahahaha I just remembered Disco Duck, now THAT was a fucked up song.

Can you imagine a band now trying to make a song out of an animal.