PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates is Leaving Microsoft

Cyndalie
06-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Friday is his last day, he's stepping down as Chairman to work with his charitable foundation. I wonder if MS will improve or continue to make everyones lives miserable. They are implementing a Mac division to increase compatibility of MS office and stuff.

Here's the article http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=5246378&page=1

Adios Rich MotherFucker!

Rochard
06-26-2008, 12:40 PM
He's made his fucking money.......

I love how people bash M$ saying it makes their lives miserable. In case you haven't noticed, it's because of M$ that our business exists. Most of us use PCs running M$ operating systems, and nearly everyone on the Internet uses M$. Face it, M$ set the standard.

I remember the days when Windows 95 crashed every hour. That was the risk you took; Computers were so new and with an open system with one company making the hard drive, another company making a the video car, another company making the modem, another company making the software, and so on, it was impossible to get anything to work. These days I'm running Vista and it's an after thought. My shit never crashes. In fact, I don't really give much thought to the operating system any more.

TheLegacy
06-26-2008, 01:58 PM
MS is still the leader - we still have problems linking up to those with MACs (despite the commercials).

Bill has done his time - changed the face of the world - dude still has shares worth billions - just glad he has decided to use it for charity.

Cyndalie
06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Remember when NT Workstation was the most stable OS around?
hehe

Evil Chris
06-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Remember when NT Workstation was the most stable OS around?
heheI do remember that. We were running it in our first WRP offices back in 1998.

This thread reminds me of that made-for-TV movie "The Pirates of Silicon Valley"...

Cyndalie
06-30-2008, 03:33 PM
I do remember that. We were running it in our first WRP offices back in 1998.

This thread reminds me of that made-for-TV movie "The Pirates of Silicon Valley"...

That was a good one!
I recently saw the Pixar Story, very interesting.