PDA

View Full Version : Political Correctness has gone waaaay to far

TheLegacy
06-30-2008, 11:05 AM
There's political correctness and then there's what happened in a school in a place called Lund, Sweden last week. And it just might make you wonder how far is too far.

School officials have confiscated the party invitations an 8-year-old boy was handing out to his classmates. Why would they do such a thing?

The reason is that he failed to invite two of the kids in his class, and authorities there claim there are specific rules against discrimination that they're not allowed to break. So they ordered the lad to stop doling them out on campus.

The youngster's father is outraged by the red tape, explaining his son didn't include the pair because one bullied him and the other excluded him from his own recent birthday party.

The mad dad has filed a complaint with local officials, complaining the school has taken things too far. "My son has taken it very hard," he told a local newspaper. "It's like taking someone's mail."

The ombudsman's decision about what to do on the issue will be made before September 8th - although there's no word on whether that's before or after the kid's actual birthday

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_24317.aspx

---------

Was waiting for the breaking point in this, hasn't come yet but soon. Canadians are no different honestly when it comes to sucking up to the minorities - face it - in politics you can't please everyone. You are put there to make the best judgment for EVERYONE, not just the few.

Evil Chris
06-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I think that's going a bit far too. Unless the kid was waving invitations in the non-invitees faces.
There's usually more to these stories than meets the eye.

NicAngel
07-07-2008, 03:59 PM
I know in some schools here you cannot pass out invitations during class unless all students are invited. They do that so no children get their feelings hurt. You can however pass them out at lunch or after class.

Cyndalie
07-08-2008, 09:24 AM
It's amazing the school would get so involved with this. Kids working this stuff out is part of growing up.

thruma
07-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I remember when I was a little kid if someone had a birthday and the kid didn't want to invite a person the teacher always talked to the kid about it.

So maybe that has always been around but these days we call it political correctness.

Abernathy SixtySix
07-10-2008, 02:54 PM
yeah i am sorry but that is a little bit too much...when there are so many other important things to worry about...

Panky
07-10-2008, 03:53 PM
How ridiculous. It is a lesson learned while growing up. Much like kids who don't all get to play during the game or fail to make the team. There's disappointments, frustrations, and insecurities in life. If one doesn't learn how to deal with these things when they are kids, how can they expect to be able to handle them as adults?