PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music do you guys & girls listening to `?

Tobbe
09-17-2002, 10:32 AM
I Want something new for my ears :)
Please someone tell me some damn great music...

Thank you everyone!
The Worlds Best Board! ::-|

Evil Chris
09-17-2002, 10:41 AM
Tobbe.... download The Hives "Hate to say I told you so"

But I suppose you already know them because I think they're from Sweden aren't they?

Tafkap
09-17-2002, 10:44 AM
Man, u can download everything from Prince cause he's the man...

But what about some Korn, Weezer, No Doubt...?

Tobbe
09-17-2002, 10:53 AM
But I suppose you already know them because I think they're from Sweden aren't they? i think so. anyway im downloading now! :)

Tobbe
09-17-2002, 10:54 AM
But what about some Korn, Weezer, No Doubt...?

Nah not my style...

Tafkap
09-17-2002, 10:58 AM
what's ur style then? I'm into funk...

Tafkap
09-17-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Tobbe.... download The Hives "Hate to say I told you so"

But I suppose you already know them because I think they're from Sweden aren't they?

What about Corey Hart dude? ask Chris, he loves "wearing his sunglasses at night"...:nuts:

fish
09-17-2002, 11:11 AM
"warning" by incubus...:cool:

Tobbe
09-17-2002, 11:12 AM
i can listen to almost everything but not EMINEM.,....:D

fish
09-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Tobbe
i can listen to almost everything but not EMINEM.,....:D

not EMINEM?!? but eminem is definitely the best rapper in the scene right now.. don't you sense the hatred in his songs? the way he curses. he's the only one that's keeping it real. everyone else just uses profanity to get famous and look cool...

Tafkap
09-17-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by fish

not EMINEM?!? but eminem is definitely the best rapper in the scene right now.. don't you sense the hatred in his songs? the way he curses. he's the only one that's keeping it real. everyone else just uses profanity to get famous and look cool...

He's just another Dr Dre's toy...

fish
09-17-2002, 11:41 AM
true. but still, you have to admit that he's got talent...:hippy:

Tobbe
09-17-2002, 01:36 PM
ARE YOU CRAZY ? DO you like that bastard ?. ohyea... hmm
i must be very stupid. :bonk:

Tobbe
09-17-2002, 01:37 PM
i thought. i only where those small 13-15 years old girls and boys that liked him but i may have wrong ! :mad:

twinkley
09-17-2002, 01:38 PM
I listen to a bit of everything...

Pop, Rap, R&B, Techno, Oldies, 80's, hell, even a little bit of country!

twinkley

Tobbe
09-17-2002, 01:38 PM
What about Corey Hart dude? ask Chris, he loves "wearing his sunglasses at night"... i will download and listen... :D

Tobbe
09-17-2002, 01:39 PM
I listen to a bit of everything...
Anything you want to share with you ?

Tobbe
09-17-2002, 01:59 PM
What do you guys and girls think about Alphaville ?...
BIG IN JAPAN! :D

Download :
Alphaville - Big in japan :D
Alphaville - Sounds Like A melody :D
Alphaville - Forever Young :D

Thats Great MUSIC!´:D

luke
09-17-2002, 03:05 PM
I'm a big techno freak but I like everything. I've got 250 cd case filled with techno, and two more for hiphop and rock.

This is the cd I've got in my car right now. Hive.

http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?titleID=100827

Evil Chris
09-17-2002, 03:38 PM
I like a lot of different things, like Twinkley says... however I can't get into C&W. No matter how I don't try... LOL

I like some techno too, but I have a hard time keeping track of who's who and who's re-mastered this or that, and what version of what song is what... etc... :bonk:
Is Moby considered techno? His stuff is awesome...

luke
09-17-2002, 03:44 PM
I guess so but I don't listen to moby much.

Something I always like saying, "Music is like food to me, if it tastes good, I eat it."

Tafkap
09-17-2002, 04:14 PM
What do you guys and girls think about Alphaville ?...
BIG IN JAPAN! :D

Download :
Alphaville - Big in japan :D
Alphaville - Sounds Like A melody :D
Alphaville - Forever Young :D

Thats Great MUSIC!´:D

Ewwwwww, german new wave, i hate that!!!

anyone heard about Bomfire? that's a heavy metal band... saw them as the opening group for ZZ Top... what a wancker's band...::-|

twinkley
09-17-2002, 04:30 PM
Chris,

Not really much of a C&W fan either - but there are always excpetions to the rule!

Moby is DEFINITELY techno! And damn does he rock!!

I dont really pay much attention to who is who - I let buran handle all that jazz - I just like listening.

twinkley

twinkley
09-17-2002, 04:31 PM
hahahahahaha aaron just made a good point about my eclectic taste

"you are prolly the only girl who can go to a slayer concert and still listen to brittney spears"

hahahahahaha he's right!

twinkley

Evil Chris
09-17-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by twinkley
hahahahahaha aaron just made a good point about my eclectic taste

"you are prolly the only girl who can go to a slayer concert and still listen to brittney spears"

hahahahahaha he's right!

twinkley

:rofl: I think I know where you're coming from!
My tastes are very diverse too, but I think I mostly like the punk / garage band kinda thing when it comes right down to what I would take with me on a deserted island... :)

loobaker
09-17-2002, 06:18 PM
i love prince.....
and i love frank sinatra...
i listen to various things of music, like RnB, Hip-Hop i also like David Lee Roth and German Hip-Hop like the Fantastischen Vier.
My big dream was to become a Hip-Hop Star.
Three castings and different Jam´s and now i sit here and write about that shit....:D
so i become a webmaster :D

JConway
09-17-2002, 06:19 PM
How about a little George Strait, David Alan Coe, or Randy Travis? Some good ol' country. Yee haw!

Evil Chris
09-17-2002, 06:22 PM
Welcome to xnations, James.... :D

JConway
09-17-2002, 06:30 PM
Thanks. Another board I will feel obliged to pollute with my convoluted opinions!!

Tafkap
09-18-2002, 03:26 AM
Welcome Home James

spudnik
09-18-2002, 09:20 AM
Like Evil Chris and Twinkley, my tastes are diverse and I'll listen to almost anything. I'm not crazy about country or rap, though there are some songs in both genres that I like a lot.

My faves are (in no particular order) U2, They Might Be Giants, The Clash, Eric Clapton, Sammy Davis Jr., Frank Sinatra, Dave Matthews Band, REM and the Indigo Girls. Plus, I'll always have a special place in my heart for such 80s greats as the Go-Gos, Stray Cats, Tears for Fears, Culture Club, and Devo.

Tobbe
09-18-2002, 10:57 AM
anyone heard about Bomfire? that's a heavy metal band... saw them as the opening group for ZZ Top... what a wancker's band...

Have you ever heard
Freedom call ?
Within temptation ?
Sonata Artica
Morifade

And i got a few 100 more if you want to listen to great heavy metal music :):cool:

Tobbe
09-18-2002, 10:59 AM
did i forget to welcome James ?
Welcome aboard !!! :bonk:

Bruno Dickman
09-18-2002, 12:44 PM
Wanna try something different? :)

Give Psychedelic Trance music a chance!! Here's a list of artists:

GMS
Skazi
Astrix
Bamboo Forest
Alien Project
Atomic Pulse
Oforia
Astral Projection
Cosmosis
Green Nuns of The Revolution
Infected Mushroom
Hux Flux

Well... thats enough to introduce anyone to good music! :D

take care,

Bruno

Tobbe
09-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Thanx Bruno i will give them all a shot ! :)
but i want more! :D

barryf
09-18-2002, 02:45 PM
Got some good 'ol "Weird Al" going on winamp right now!

twinkley
09-18-2002, 03:28 PM
Oh MAN!!

WEIRD AL is the shit!!! I love his work - all the way back to "eat it!"

soooo funny...

"So my, my this here anikin guy, maybe later someday vader now
he's just a small fry...."

twinkley

Tobbe
09-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Weird Al is shit. :bonk:

Tobbe
09-18-2002, 03:43 PM
but i must admit he is cool ! :bonk:

barryf
09-18-2002, 03:52 PM
Cool shit?

Tobbe
09-18-2002, 04:31 PM
Cool shit?
Yes. but not my favourite kind of music :)

Chauncy
09-18-2002, 11:48 PM
I listen to all music but I have to say I am and always will be a Punk Rock fan

from the pistols to Bad Religon to Decendants to New Found Glory its all good

Tobbe
09-19-2002, 09:28 AM
I listen to all music but I have to say I am and always will be a Punk Rock fan any exampels?

Funbrunette
09-19-2002, 11:15 AM
Just about anything but heavy metal...lol That's why I like to listen to the radio....I hear a bit of everything! :D

Tobbe
09-19-2002, 12:04 PM
Just about anything but heavy metal...lol That's why I like to listen to the radio....I hear a bit of everything!

Not Heavy Metal ?.

Evil Chris
09-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by barryf
Got some good 'ol "Weird Al" going on winamp right now!

Barry.... LOL... you're the best... hahaha...
Remember that old Weird Al video... "One More Minute" ? That was hilarious...

I bet you own a copy of "UHF" don't you? I do... Michael Richards was killer in that!!!

Chauncy
09-19-2002, 01:01 PM
any exampels?

Tobbe

check out

decendants, All, 7seconds,Bad Religon, Ramones, Circle Jerks, Face to Face, New Found Glory, New York Dolls, Iggy and the Stoges

few different styles of Punk in there

modF
09-19-2002, 01:32 PM
Anyone know how to dump your WinAmp playlist to HTML? THere was a way in the REALLY old version..

It would be easier to show you than tell you.

Tafkap
09-19-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by modF
Anyone know how to dump your WinAmp playlist to HTML? THere was a way in the REALLY old version..

It would be easier to show you than tell you.

I agree with Hun... like that i could post some great French Touch Electro Music!

Tobbe
09-19-2002, 02:28 PM

That would be so great ... ive also been looking for that ... :bonk:

luke
09-19-2002, 06:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen my friend do that, let me check.

luke
09-19-2002, 06:20 PM
He says:
At the bottom of the playlist box
click "MISC"
Then click "MISC OPTS"
Then "Generate HTML Playlist"

That's all at the bottom of the playlist box.

I don't have winamp to check this, let me know if this works for you guys.

Tobbe
09-22-2002, 11:57 AM
luke that most be a old version because it dont work for me :(

barryf
09-22-2002, 04:09 PM

Remember that old Weird Al video... "One More Minute" ? That was hilarious...

I bet you own a copy of "UHF" don't you? I do... Michael Richards was killer in that!!!

One More Minute is one of my favourite Weird Al songs. How can you not love great lines like "I'm stranded all alone at the gas station of love, and I have to use the self-service pumps."

No I don't own UHF. I'm waiting for the widescreen-director's cut-boxset-DVD. I think Michael Richards was just as funny doing Stanley Spadowski as he ever was doing Kramer. FUNNY SHIT!

Evil Chris
09-22-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by barryf
"I'm stranded all alone at the gas station of love, and I have to use the self-service pumps."

aaahahahaha..... so true... I love that line!!!

Tobbe
09-23-2002, 12:05 PM
"I'm stranded all alone at the gas station of love, and I have to use the self-service pumps."

What group is that?:bonk:

ARiA
09-23-2002, 03:59 PM
Hi Tobbe-
I have some "different" stuff you can check out if you want..
let me know.. I'll be happy to send you some!:nuts:

cyberpimp
09-23-2002, 04:09 PM
Everything from Pink Floyd!

Aly
09-23-2002, 04:19 PM
Aha! This is great work music:
"Tales From The Forest" - Its' a Spiritzone compilation.

Other than that:
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

:bonk: <---- my favourite emoticon ever!!

XxXotic
09-23-2002, 04:26 PM
depends on what type of mood I am in. I'm a DJ (have been DJ'ing for almost 16 years now) and I usually listen to my own mixed stuff (ny hardhouse, drum and bass) but if I'm not listening to that I like reggae, hiphop, some "alternative", classic rock (floyd, zepplin, doors etc) If I'm just mellowing out I'll rock out to some portishead, orb, jamiroquai or maxwell, maybe some oldschool R&B

Tkt2Pardse
09-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Well I am a huge Beatle fan. Like alot of you though I like alot of stuff. new wave i like alot too. if you like a heavy sax blues thing happenin'. i've just been turned on to "Morphine" awesome awesome band. too bad the lead singer's died last year.

oh yeah, eddie money's good too, lmao

XxXotic
09-23-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Tkt2Pardse
Well I am a huge Beatle fan. Like alot of you though I like alot of stuff. new wave i like alot too. if you like a heavy sax blues thing happenin'. i've just been turned on to "Morphine" awesome awesome band. too bad the lead singer's died last year.

oh yeah, eddie money's good too, lmao

morphine rocks! hahaha candy is my fave song by them :) a good good friend of mine (back in the day) turned me on to them!

Tkt2Pardse
09-23-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by XxXotic

morphine rocks! hahaha candy is my fave song by them :) a good good friend of mine (back in the day) turned me on to them!

yeah, i like candy but "cure for pain" is prolly my fav. "all wrong" is cool too. hell, i like pretty much that whole album!

barryf
09-24-2002, 12:31 AM

What group is that?:bonk:
The Weird Al Yankovic Orchestra ;)

barryf
09-24-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Tkt2Pardse

yeah, i like candy but "cure for pain" is prolly my fav. "all wrong" is cool too. hell, i like pretty much that whole album!

Yeah the whole Cure For Pain album is wicked cool. Did you know the lead singer died of a heart attack ON STAGE?
http://www.rockinboston.com/morphine.htm

B

Tobbe
09-25-2002, 10:14 AM
Thanx XxXotic for telling jamiroquai i like them but i where years since i heard them :) goood!!!

modF
09-25-2002, 11:01 AM
Here is a list of what I have here at work:

http://www.modf.com/list.txt

The home list is much larger.

Tobbe
09-25-2002, 11:15 AM
Here is a list of what I have here at work:
Thats alot of music :) will look on a few of them...

modF
09-25-2002, 09:24 PM
Yes, there is quite an eclectic selection there. Ever since my place was robbed a few years ago and about 400 cds were stolen I rip everyone i buy as a backup. Off course if the bastards steal my box, I am screwed :)

luke
09-25-2002, 10:36 PM
Modf, 2 Skinney J;s are bad ass! I've seen them twice down here but missed them the last time. I've got two cd's I bought from the shows. Is that a full cd they put out? Can you hook me up with it?

Tobbe
09-26-2002, 04:43 PM
Do you guys and girls like jamiroquai ?

i love the song "Cosmic Girl" ! :bonk:

Tafkap
09-27-2002, 03:37 AM
Do you guys and girls like jamiroquai ?

i love the song "Cosmic Girl" ! :bonk:

My fav one is "Foolosophy"...

:bonk:

Tobbe
09-27-2002, 09:43 AM
you mean : love Foolosophy !? :)

Tobbe
09-27-2002, 09:45 AM
Listening on it now :)

Tafkap
09-27-2002, 09:49 AM
you mean : love Foolosophy !? :)

Yup

Tobbe
09-30-2002, 03:30 PM
yeh i liked the song... very good choice Tafkap

Evil Chris
09-30-2002, 04:16 PM
I'm still listening to The Hives.... Maybe I should go buy their CD and give them their money's worth! :D

Tobbe
10-01-2002, 12:38 PM
I'm still listening to The Hives.... Maybe I should go buy their CD and give them their money's worth!

Yeha that makes them even bigger !!! :money:

Horg
10-01-2002, 01:07 PM
I have a couple cds here at my place and I don't know anyone who ever heard about them (even if they are not amateur bands playing in their garages). Let me know if any of you ever heard about them :

Artist - CD name(s)
Discord Aggregate - The Attack Of The Absolute Zeroes / The Texture Of The Sky
Ruby - Salt Peter / Short-Staffed At The Gene Pool
Baby Namboos - Ancoats 2 Zambia

Tobbe
10-01-2002, 04:29 PM
I have a couple cds here at my place and I don't know anyone who ever heard about them (even if they are not amateur bands playing in their garages). Let me know if any of you ever heard about them : Nah i never heard them sorry... maybe will check them out tho.

Traffichoney
10-01-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by XxXotic
depends on what type of mood I am in. I'm a DJ (have been DJ'ing for almost 16 years now) and I usually listen to my own mixed stuff (ny hardhouse, drum and bass) but if I'm not listening to that I like reggae, hiphop, some "alternative", classic rock (floyd, zepplin, doors etc) If I'm just mellowing out I'll rock out to some portishead, orb, jamiroquai or maxwell, maybe some oldschool R&B

Wow you sound alot like me... though i'm not a DJ... i like to pass my work days listening to house... :worthy: not that rave stuff:bonk:.. lol..
The deep house, vocal house.... if you're curious.. go to www.garagehousemusic.com there's a bunch of other links to other great sites from all over the place.. Love me some Jamiroquai and Maxwell too.. :dancer:

HipHop wise... more into instrumental hiphop bands.. like The Roots... lil' bit of Mos Def'... poetry to my ears

Soul music is great too.. like Stevie or Patti... even listen to gospel.. i'm an odd one..but my music palette has many shades :dancer:

Horg
10-01-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Traffichoney

Wow you sound alot like me... though i'm not a DJ... i like to pass my work days listening to house... :worthy: not that rave stuff:bonk:.. lol..
The deep house, vocal house.... if you're curious.. go to www.garagehousemusic.com there's a bunch of other links to other great sites from all over the place.. Love me some Jamiroquai and Maxwell too.. :dancer:

HipHop wise... more into instrumental hiphop bands.. like The Roots... lil' bit of Mos Def'... poetry to my ears

Soul music is great too.. like Stevie or Patti... even listen to gospel.. i'm an odd one..but my music palette has many shades :dancer:

I can't stand Hip Hop, unless it's experimental (like DJ Shadow for example). I still don't know much about it though...

Bree
10-01-2002, 07:02 PM
http://www.dainbramage.com :dancer:

Traffichoney
10-01-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Horg

I can't stand Hip Hop, unless it's experimental (like DJ Shadow for example). I still don't know much about it though...

hah!...Well.. let me see if I can expand your palette :blush:

Alot of the "hiphop" you hear.. isn't real hiphop.. there's a difference.
The hiphop I listen to, says nothing about the *bling bling* we hear today... mind you, ppl like it.. not me :D

Try listening to The Roots, they're different... they use real instruments to create their beats and melody.. they're great :)

Thought i might share that with ya :blush:

Horg
10-01-2002, 09:39 PM

The hiphop I listen to, says nothing about the *bling bling* we hear today... mind you, ppl like it.. not me :D

Try listening to The Roots, they're different... they use real instruments to create their beats and melody.. they're great :)

Real instruments ? wow !
hehe
Seriously I'll take a look at The Roots, I'll try to download a couple mp3s. I do listen to Tricky and Baby Namboos though, which as close to hip hop that I went (well in fact it's trip hop, which is usually pretty good, less nonsense than in commercial hip hop crap).

Tafkap
10-02-2002, 05:07 AM

I do agree Hun, The Roots r a great band. Did u see them with Jay-Z in the MTV Unplugged Show? It was great!

But i thought u enjoyed Prince as well...:confused:

Tobbe
10-02-2002, 11:04 AM
Alot of the "hiphop" you hear.. isn't real hiphop.. there's a difference. agree!

modF
10-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by luke
Modf, 2 Skinney J;s are bad ass! I've seen them twice down here but missed them the last time. I've got two cd's I bought from the shows. Is that a full cd they put out? Can you hook me up with it?

Damn, sorry I missed your reply luke. I agree they are, I have never seen them live :( I think they came around this area twice and I was not able to see them at the time. I'll have to look when I get home tonight to see if that was a full cd. I think it was.

I remember a while back before my music was stolen, they had a "starwars" type song. Do you happen to have that?

Traffichoney
10-02-2002, 03:49 PM

Real instruments ? wow !
hehe
Seriously I'll take a look at The Roots, I'll try to download a couple mp3s. I do listen to Tricky and Baby Namboos though, which as close to hip hop that I went (well in fact it's trip hop, which is usually pretty good, less nonsense than in commercial hip hop crap).

Good:blush: i'm glad you're open-minded..:relief: I agree with ya , when you talk about that *bling bling* hiphop.. sure its nice to listen to sometimes..but it ain't shit.. No offense to those you enjoy it..

But HipHop comes in many forms.... if you wanna hear some nice Roots tracks?... download.. "Silent Treatment" .. That's my fav... listen to the drums.. If you want more artists.. check out Common, Mos'Def... there's others but my mind is messed w/ work.. lol.. but I hope you like that track...:bonk:

Traffichoney
10-02-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Tafkap

I do agree Hun, The Roots r a great band. Did u see them with Jay-Z in the MTV Unplugged Show? It was great!

But i thought u enjoyed Prince as well...:confused:

Salut mon coeur..

Ya, i saw it.. that was incredible! :nuts:
I loive seeing TALENTED hiphop artists actually creating their music !...
*listen to some of Jay Z's underground stuff(waaaaaaayyy before he was Big Pimpin' ).... his flow is nuts*

and.. OF course I love Prince... I wanna marry him, remember ???
lol..

Horg
10-02-2002, 09:13 PM
Cool I'll try to find some :)
Do you know Tricky ?
(he was the bad guy's right arm in 5th element btw)

Evil Chris
10-02-2002, 09:14 PM
I grew up listening to a lot of soul music... My parents had plenty of The Spinners, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, Tavares, James Brown, Gladys Knight & The Pips, Commodores, Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes, etc... and I still love a lot of that stuff...

So I think it's because of this, that I can't seem to get into the hiphop scene. Good soul music seems to have disappeared and replaced by hiphop. Some call it R&B... I don't.

Traffichoney
10-02-2002, 09:21 PM
Cool I'll try to find some :)
Do you know Tricky ?
(he was the bad guy's right arm in 5th element btw)

No .. don't know him.. lol.. sorry..

But i hope you like 'em.. :rainbow:

Traffichoney
10-02-2002, 09:27 PM
I grew up listening to a lot of soul music... My parents had plenty of The Spinners, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, Tavares, James Brown, Gladys Knight & The Pips, Commodores, Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes, etc... and I still love a lot of that stuff...

So I think it's because of this, that I can't seem to get into the hiphop scene. Good soul music seems to have disappeared and replaced by hiphop. Some call it R&B... I don't.

I totally love Soul music...
Many Hiphop artists like The Roots respect those artists.. and some emulate 'em.. sample their music and such...

Just remember.........there's many many forms of hiphop.. and the stuff you hear commercially isn't REAL HIPHOP!...

Horg
10-02-2002, 09:57 PM

No .. don't know him.. lol.. sorry..

But i hope you like 'em.. :rainbow:

If you want to do a very interesting discovery then, go buy Maxinquaye (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Apq3tk6sxqkrg) from Tricky (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Bga5gtq6zbu47). It's one of the best albums I have I'd stay. He is the precursor of trip-hop, without him there would not be any Massive Attack or Portishead (well at least they would be different).

On my side I grew up on The Who and french music. I still love The who :)

Traffichoney
10-02-2002, 10:07 PM

If you want to do a very interesting discovery then, go buy Maxinquaye (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Apq3tk6sxqkrg) from Tricky (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Bga5gtq6zbu47). It's one of the best albums I have I'd stay. He is the precursor of trip-hop, without him there would not be any Massive Attack or Portishead (well at least they would be different).

On my side I grew up on The Who and french music. I still love The who :)

Sure :blush: I'll do that.. always open to different things... thanks :bonk:

Bree
10-02-2002, 11:45 PM

yah, me too... I grew up in Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie and the popular radio station (we listened to the AM Radio -- like the Everclear song -- which BTW feels like someone was peeping into my life!! LOL) was CKLW -- from Detroit/Windsor...

I just made a CD with 60/70's oldies.. :)

I was listening to it when I picked up my daughter from the Cheer Gym.. she said "Mom, can we listen to songs I've heard before?" hehe

Evil Chris
10-02-2002, 11:54 PM
I can relate, Bree.... I grew up right across Lake Erie from you in London, Ontario.
We could pick up the Detroit radio stations from London most of the time and I used to hear a lot of soul and motown music.

I still love that stuff... and I totally know what you mean about that Everclear song "AM Radio"... ;)

Horg
10-03-2002, 12:06 AM

Sure :blush: I'll do that.. always open to different things... thanks :bonk:

Cool, let me know how you find it :)

Tobbe
10-03-2002, 10:55 AM
Welcome aboard to the ship "Traffichoney"

Zebra
10-03-2002, 12:23 PM
Rocking my ass off to Tool right now :bonk:

Zebra
10-03-2002, 12:30 PM
Did someone mention Everclear's AM Radio?

http://www.campchaos.com/cartoons/everclear/amradio.html

Take a trip back to the 70's man.. when Tang was cool and Pet Rocks rocked!

Traffichoney
10-03-2002, 12:56 PM
Welcome aboard to the ship "Traffichoney"

Awwww ... thanks :blush: ... Aye aye mate!:)

LaurieX
10-03-2002, 01:00 PM
My favorite band right now is Soulstice. They are signed to the House Label Om records they sound like a cross between Olive, Sade, and Massive Attack Anyone into that type of music should check them out.

Traffichoney
10-03-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by LaurieX
My favorite band right now is Soulstice. They are signed to the House Label Om records they sound like a cross between Olive, Sade, and Massive Attack Anyone into that type of music should check them out.

You like house music?????????

LaurieX
10-03-2002, 01:09 PM
I love many genres of music 80's, Rock, Alternative but my true love is Dance and House music

LaurieX
10-03-2002, 01:17 PM
Traffichoney do you like India Aire? Her song Beautiful is GREAT

Toolz
10-03-2002, 01:44 PM
White Stripes is rippin it up with some old school Detroit rock city madness, reminds me of Iggy Pop in his earlier days.

Queens of the Stone Age new cd has Dave Grohl and Mark Lannegan (Screaming Trees) on it, rocks out pretty heavy too.

And thankfully, THANKFULLY, I think Pearl Jam is releasing a good cd again, not sure if it's out yet but I've heard it all and it's damn good compared to the last few turds they've laid.

Evil Chris
10-03-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Toolz
White Stripes is rippin it up with some old school Detroit rock city madness, reminds me of Iggy Pop in his earlier days.

Queens of the Stone Age new cd has Dave Grohl and Mark Lannegan (Screaming Trees) on it, rocks out pretty heavy too.

And thankfully, THANKFULLY, I think Pearl Jam is releasing a good cd again, not sure if it's out yet but I've heard it all and it's damn good compared to the last few turds they've laid.

I'm a big fan of the Foo Fighters and Dave Grohl, so I'll have to check out that Queens of the Stone Age stuff....
Good to hear PJ is coming out with something a bit more solid than their last few efforts... (I bought 'em all anyway)

Toolz
10-03-2002, 02:15 PM
New PJ is sweet, can't remember what it's called, but it's avail on the newsgroups.

New Beck is also welcome change from his stuff reminds me of Mellow Gold one of my favorite cd's. How about another thread top 5 Desert Island disks?

Tobbe
10-03-2002, 02:30 PM
Yes evil Chris old music is classic :)

Tobbe
10-03-2002, 02:31 PM
I love many genres of music 80's, Rock, Alternative but my true love is Dance and House music
Some good choices! :cool:

Traffichoney
10-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Traffichoney do you like India Aire? Her song Beautiful is GREAT

Of course I do... she plays her own music... She falls into the 'neo-soul' category:) Listen to "Ready for love"... great song :)

Traffichoney
10-03-2002, 02:48 PM

Well, Soulstice sounds familiar to me... that's why i asked :blush:
My first love is House music.. deep house (vocal house) :dancer:

You might wanna check out.. www.garagehousemusic.com

Check out the links.. there's soo many sites provided..maybe you'll find a gem:bonk:

Lemme know if you find something. :rainbow:

LaurieX
10-03-2002, 08:46 PM
Thanks Traffichoney I will check out that site! This is a great place to sample new songs http://satelliterecords.com/ (If your into Dance/House music)

schilli
10-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Judas Priest

Think that's why I love leather!

Tobbe
10-05-2002, 08:59 AM
Judas Priest
Good choice ! ;)
i like the song. Breaking The Law i belive you have heard that one!

Horg
10-05-2002, 12:53 PM
LEATHER REBEL, LIGHTNING IN THE DARRRKKKKK!!!!

Traffichoney
10-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Thanks Traffichoney I will check out that site! This is a great place to sample new songs http://satelliterecords.com/ (If your into Dance/House music)

Thanks for sharing...
SHARING IS CARING :blush:

sherie
10-05-2002, 02:18 PM
I am listening to White Pony - The Deftones atm great CD...The Queen of the Dammed CD is amazing if you like that dark mucic gonna listen to that next:cool:

Horg
10-05-2002, 02:26 PM
The cds that are in my player right now :
Tricky - Maxinquaye
Vangelis - Themes
George Brassens - La mauvaise réputation (cd2)
Eyes Wide Shut - Soundtrack
Scorn - Whine
Felt like listening to softer music in the past days.

Hashishan
10-05-2002, 07:01 PM
death metal
blues
bluegrass

Tobbe
10-08-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Hashishan
death metal
blues
bluegrass

Tell me some exampels of Death Metal ?!

Hashishan
10-08-2002, 06:51 PM

Tell me some exampels of Death Metal ?!

you have probably heard of slayer

sepultura, pantera, death, tiamat, earth crisis (its not all death metal) mostly anything loud and aggressive

some old punk too, minor threat, dead kennedies, no means no, black flag (henry rollins was better with the band)

also listen to some radio-friendly stuff like metallica and black sabbath (ozzy was better with the band)

Tafkap
10-09-2002, 04:13 AM
Hey Chris, yesterday evening i was thinking of u (no worries Steph...:D )

I've watched on MTV Europe a show from Moby Live in Copenhagen!

I must admit that i do prefer his live performances rathen than listening to his albums.

During the concert, he talked about Eminem and said "that's a shame u hate someone u've never met be4"...

Evil Chris
10-09-2002, 04:37 PM
That would have been a good show to see.
I'm sorry but I can't stand Eminem. He's a dick.

Horg
10-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Dude he is so, like, rebel, like, you know, he speaks for us, like, teenagers yo !

Tafkap
10-10-2002, 06:04 AM
"This looks like a job for me
Come on everybody, just follow me
Cause we need a little controversy
Cause it feels so empty without me"

WTF? get out of here dude!!

Tobbe
10-10-2002, 05:30 PM
I Agree Chris, about Eminem...

luke
10-10-2002, 07:22 PM
I don't agree with everythign he says or does but I listen to him. But that's just me.

schilli
10-10-2002, 07:46 PM
A couple of his songs are cool to dance to --

But Judas Priest kicks his ass!

ARiA
11-12-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Hashishan

you have probably heard of slayer

sepultura, pantera, death, tiamat, earth crisis (its not all death metal) mostly anything loud and aggressive

some old punk too, minor threat, dead kennedies, no means no, black flag (henry rollins was better with the band)

also listen to some radio-friendly stuff like metallica and black sabbath (ozzy was better with the band)

www.centurymedia.com
www.comatosemusic.com
www.nuclearblast.com
I think that should help on the dark side of things..
scarrrrrry though- warning; not for the weak...or religious

:cackle:

ARiA
11-12-2002, 05:26 PM
ok ok .. I like everything.. but metal has always been a personal fav-
ok.. then there's ottis redding ,ramones, nina simone.. oh lawd.. I'll quit before I get too sucked into my taste in music.. I just saw the words
"example of death metal couldn't resist.. :p

Tobbe
11-13-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by ARiA
ok ok .. I like everything.. but metal has always been a personal fav-
ok.. then there's ottis redding ,ramones, nina simone.. oh lawd.. I'll quit before I get too sucked into my taste in music.. I just saw the words
"example of death metal couldn't resist.. :p
yes metal have also been my favourite!

wsjb78
11-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Hmmm, I mainly listen to techno, most of it trance (I like especiall Tiësto and Navigator and all from Kontor Label)

then I listen since '96 to Shakira, Enrique / Julio Iglesias, aso

and I adore New Age Sound... been listening to Enigma since their first album, same goes with Adiemus... I love Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Gregorian, Lesiëm, Lyra, Era, ......

ARiA
11-13-2002, 05:12 PM
I like drumm and bass- Kosheen, diesel boy (fav) AK 1200,
monk, freaky flow... it's really deep and hard - fonky
I like it all
Twisted sister anyone? huge fan here hahaha serious!:p

anyone interested in hearing any of this stuff - just ask.. i will gladly send it your way

:nuts:

luke
11-13-2002, 05:47 PM
I love drum and bass too. The first time I heard diesel boy was in my friends truck that had a lot of sound in it. He played 97 Octane. Once I heard it, I was hooked. A guy that works her has a lot of live sets from dj's that play down here, pretty good stuff.

wsjb78
11-13-2002, 05:51 PM
well, d'n'b is just excellent for chilling out at raves... :)

luke
11-13-2002, 06:37 PM
I stopped going to those about 3 years ago but still like the music. I don't find hanging around a bunch of 15 year olds much fun. :o

wsjb78
11-13-2002, 06:38 PM
well, then you must organise your own parties... a lot of my friends are in the scene either by DJing or organising parties...

luke
11-13-2002, 06:55 PM
Yeah, would be cool if I had the time and energy but I don't.

Hashishan
11-13-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by ARiA

I think that should help on the dark side of things..
scarrrrrry though- warning; not for the weak...or religious

:cackle:

wow, it is unusual to find a woman who listens to good music :D

http://www.snakenetmetalradio.com/

i listen to snakenet quite a bit while working, or queue up some old metal in xmms

right now skeletons of society is playing