PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to celebrate Canada Day or the 4th of July?

Cyndalie
07-02-2008, 09:27 AM
What do you do to celebrate Canada Day or the 4th of July?

Do Canadians have off on Canada day? How do you guys celebrate?

In years past 4th of July meant a party at my parents house or down on the beach, good food, friends, family, fireworks in the street after sun down. Little kids running around with sparklers, reckless teenagers pointing roman candles at one another, adults setting off mortars for everyone to ooh and ahh at. Some years we BBQ at the beach and watch the fireworks they'd set off the shore. It was easiest to get a hotel so kids could get out of the sun and shower and stuff, and avoid traffic.
Now away from my friends and family, we will be having a small bbq at home, crashing the neighbors pool who will be out of town, and lighting some fireworks in the bedrom ;)

Vid Vicious
07-02-2008, 11:46 AM
I took part in the local events . went down to the old port for music, preforming arts and a pretty crappy fire works display .. (bummer) ...

Bumped into lots of family and friends .. Had a great time .. by the time I got home .. We just passed out from exhaustion ..

Happy Canada Day all ..

Happy Independence Day to all my Yankee friends

TheLegacy
07-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Well I didnt do anything for Canada Day outside of work

This July 4th the company lets us have a holiday - so I'll likely go out for a drive and try and relax near a roaring BBQ and campfire

Magnus3x
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
GOLF, BBQ, BABY, BEER, BEEF..BITCHIN!~

Rochard
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
I banged my wife.

Seriously.