PDA

View Full Version : so who's getting an iPhone?

Evil Chris
07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
The 3G iPhone will be available in Canada through Rogers and Fido on July 11th.

Who's going to run out and get one?
The rate plans look crazy expensive to me. I already have an iPhone and I just use wifi hot spots or connect on my own home network. The actual "telephone" works anywhere however. You just need wifi for checking your mail and surfing the net.

Evil E
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't even have a cellphone anymore(it felt weird the 1st month or so). Won't get one unless needed for business but i'd probably go for a blackberry unless i get proven that the iphone is more productive(ie not more entertaining)

Panky
07-10-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm happy with my Blackberry.

Evil Chris
07-10-2008, 09:46 AM
FB has had a Blackberry for awhile now and at first I wasn't impressed with it but now she has the "Curve" and it does (mos) everything the iPhone does, just without a touch screen.

Evil E... I wish I could just not carry a cell phone. Alas we are in an age where many of us need to be accessible at all times.

Cyndalie
07-10-2008, 11:27 AM
I'd want an iphone or blackberry but I can't afford the monthly internet connection plans right now. Without them might as well have a normal cellphone that I hate using anyway.

TheLegacy
07-10-2008, 11:32 AM
I was interested for work, but am thinking now of a small laptop with a screen that folds over flat - touchscreen

Vid Vicious
07-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Too late for me .. I got a new Samsung Jack two weeks ago

Casa Nova
07-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Not at the rates rogers is releasing them at! It's a phone that needs a unlimited cap. Until that's in place they can go fuck themselves.

thruma
07-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Not at the rates rogers is releasing them at! It's a phone that needs a unlimited cap. Until that's in place they can go fuck themselves.

Yeah in the states they're offering an unlimited plan for $30 a month.
Here it's $60 a month and limited, I saw on the news just last night that a lot of people protested and so rogers is changing the pricing.

I still won't get one. I don't need it, I'd rather put the money into a computer upgrade. :D

Abernathy SixtySix
07-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I will wait till I move to the states to get one...just like so many things in Canada we always get charged way more than the states....

Mr. Plow
07-10-2008, 03:39 PM
I have to wait until my Bell contract expires in the new year, but I did some checking. If you actually go into a Roger's today and sign up for a plan and then get the iPhone tomorrow or whatever then you'll get a better plan because you're technically an existing customer. You get 6 gigs of data instead of 750 megs and you get way more minutes, for 10 bucks cheaper:)

Magnus3x
07-11-2008, 11:51 AM
yeah Rogers caved after the public backlash and some words from Apple about the data issues. So if you buy a 3 year plan before Aug 31st your Data plane will cost you 30 bucks for 6 GB, 150K emails or 40 mintutes on youtube/facebook watching movies LOL.

There were line ups o pleanty for the phone this morning.

Evil Chris
07-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Well here's what I would recommend for people who want the new 3G iPhone.

Buy one outright. That way you're not tied into any plan at all and all you need to do is add a data plan to your account. This is exactly what I did. Since most of the time, I'm using wifi for my iPhone, I don't need a massive data plan, so I took the 300meg package for $30 a month.

If after a month I find I need more, then I'll add more.
Any way you look at it, it's a bit pricey but that's life for us north of the border.

Crak_JMan
07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Nope, waiting on and AK from blackberry.

Evil Chris
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
I heard that people camped outside stores on Thursday night to ensure they got an iPhone. I haven't heard any bad feedback about the whole rush yet though except that they are obviously out of stock already.

dyonisus
07-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I tried 3 different times calling rogers to order. I finally got through and after some account hoop jumping my iPhone arrived at my friends place this morning. She is overnighting it to LA and I will have it soon.

Next, find hack unlock and use on both Rogers and ATT.

Dont kid yourself about the US being cheaper. ATT has really put the screws to Apple and the packages are 240.00 more expensive over the term then the original. also ATT insisted there was no way to order and not activate with ATT.

eother way I cant wait... iPhone Rules, my laptop and phone will be in constant sync

Vid Vicious
07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
a freind of mine just got an Iphone .. there was 14 people ahead of him .and it only took 7 hours. Another friend was with him to get an iphone too but was refused because he was taking re signing for a 3 year plan .. what a buch of dicks!

I'm thinking of checking out the Iclone .. supposely it has wifi too

Mr. Plow
07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Heh, yeah, there's a Roger's down the street from me and they were lined up down the block:P I talked to them about it a few days b4 and the Roger's guy was sneakily trying to sell me a more expensive data plan and then offering me a miracle lower priced one that was still way more than I'm ever going to need. Beware of shady cell phone sales people, they get paid for all the extras you don't really need:(

B O B
07-17-2008, 12:26 PM
those phones are for wussies man...

this is how i roll...

http://www.sologirlboard.com/content/nokiaarm.jpg

me n my Nokia Hot Shot bringin it to a hood near you!

Mr. Plow
07-17-2008, 01:59 PM
k... :eek:

SykkBoy
07-17-2008, 03:16 PM
those phones are for wussies man...

this is how i roll...

http://www.sologirlboard.com/content/nokiaarm.jpg

me n my Nokia Hot Shot bringin it to a hood near you!

Hmm, it just might be time to ebay my iphone...

;-)