PDA

View Full Version : British Open (The Open) 2008

Evil Chris
07-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Should prove to be very interesting this year what with Tiger Woods not participating. I wonder who can come up with the goods this year?

I don't have much confidence in Phil Mickelson right now. He's just not performing up to what he's capable of recently. My guess is that a UK player will take it just out of pride. Maybe Colin Montgomerie can make a comeback but Padraig Harrington looks to be a contender.

Magnus3x
07-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Phlop Mickelson and his constant war against the voices in his head and his total disdain for Tiger makes him a loose cannon at best. I don't think a US player will win it this year.

The British open is my least fave tournament to watch for some reason, I dont like how the courses look, though I'de play any one of them.

Evil Chris
07-14-2008, 01:37 PM
The British open is my least fave tournament to watch for some reason, I dont like how the courses look, though I'de play any one of them.I can relate but more on a playing level. I love watching The Open, but that type of course isn't my favourite to play. I prefer mountain courses with more ups and downs and scenery.

Evil Chris
07-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Another thing I like about The Open is that because it's played in the UK, I can watch it earlier in the day while I work. :)

OK now I'm really itching to go for a round of golf. Anyone want to join me?

Evil Chris
07-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Mike Weir tied for first after Day 1!

Crak_JMan
07-18-2008, 11:27 AM
I can't watch golf, it hurts to much....

Magnus3x
07-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Go Mikey!!